Win on multiple items in LFR

#1 - Feb. 8, 2012, 7:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So this is a direct quote from the patch notes:

Players can no longer win multiple copies of the same item on a single Raid Finder boss kill. For example, a player who chooses Need on two set piece tokens or two weapons and wins the first, will not be eligible for the second on that particular boss.

I was just on Spine in LFR and someone won both rolls on Eye of Unmaking since 2 of them dropped.. If I read this patch note right this isn't suppose to happen. What gives?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Feb. 8, 2012, 8:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Our patch note is wrong and we apologize for the confusion. We'll get it updated.

What i've seen happen was that the winner of the first roll will lose his role bonus for the second roll. if no one has a role bonus on the second role, then the winner of the first item does have a chance to win the second item.

This is correct.

The way it currently works is you'll lose the Need+ roll bonus if you win an item that drops twice from the same boss, but you won't be made completely ineligible to win it twice. If no one else has the Need+ bonus or rolls Need on the item, you'd still win it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - Feb. 8, 2012, 8:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/08/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Forman
f they were the only person who needed on them, they'll still get the second one from what I've experienced. Was that the case for the situation you were in?

There were actually 5 people rolling on the trinket.. all of which got a bonus roll. I didn't personally roll for it because I didn't need it. But the person that won both had a bonus roll on both items.

That shouldn't happen. I'd suggest posting about it in the Bug Report forum. If you have any evidence to provide, that'd help too. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#37 - Feb. 9, 2012, 5:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We have updated the 4.3.2 patch notes to better describe the way this system change works.

02/08/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Arlynelei
I won both the caster staff and healing mace off Deathwing yesterday, and there were a bunch of people rolling on both. I had the role bonus on both items. Gave the staff away to a mage, but I've still seen several instances of people winning two items off the same boss this week.

Reminder -- the change that went in with this patch only affects rolls on identical items from the same boss.