Don't buy Queen's Garnet over trade channel!

#1 - Feb. 5, 2012, 6:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
A month ago I bought 220 Queen's Garnet for 1000g each. I was a bit suspicious and wrote a GM ticket to ask if there was a dupe around and if it is safe for me to buy these. The GM answered that the gems where probaby stolen, but that I had no possibility to know that and they won't take them away.

I've found a official statement from two weeks ago that confirmed the GM
What I will say is this: we're out to punish those that exploit WoW, not innocent players. Intent and context play a large part in our investigative process, and those that accidentally purchase ill-gotten items shouldn't fear recrimination.
Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3225593877#11

For a full month, there were no new gems sold in huge quantities over the trade channel. This led me to belief that there was no dupe around and the huge quantities came just from Gold sellers which were out of gold on the specific server.

On friday I've bought 300 Queen's Garnet over trade chat for 600'000 Gold. I thought it was a good deal, since the usual price on my server is 3000g each.
Anyway, a GM deletet the gems out of my inventory and I got a warning not to do such trades again. I was told that I've got an Email with the details, wich however never arrived.

After talking with three different GM's, they all confirmed that this is the new standard procedure for items, that, I quote, "were originated in illigal activities".
Although the gold I invested was made by playing the auction house, thus not originated in illegal activities, I was not refunded it and it is now lost.

If there was or is a dupe method around, I welcome that every single item that originated in it will be deleted. My gold was, however, not duped and should be around somewhere.

My questions now, and I hope a blue can answer these:
  • Why can't the gold be refunded? It must be somewhere. Why can't you delete the gold there and give it back to me?
  • Why was there no official announcement for this procedure? I've alway traded with best conscience to the rules and suddenly [u]lost 600'000 gold.
  • How can I ensure myselfe that the things I buy over trade/AH are not "originated in illigal activities"
    Sincerely
    Stonewolf
  • #82 - Feb. 6, 2012, 11:45 a.m.
    Blizzard Post
    I like how you missed out the very next line from that quote:

10/01/2012 15:39Posted by Irylinne
    That said, if you suspect that a player is selling items of a dubious origin then steer clear.

It's true that we're not out to punish legitimate/innocent players, but by your own admission you were aware that these were potentially exploitative items. That doesn't incriminate you, but it means that you cannot hide behinds claims of ignorance.

If you wish to discuss this further then I suggest you email WoWConcernsEU@blizzard.com