Give us underwater BG!

#0 - Sept. 4, 2010, 8:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Even though I'm not much of a PvPer and I terribly suck at it, sometimes I have ideas. What if we could get a battleground based in Vashjir, which would mean an underwater BG? You can call it Drowned Reaches, if you want. A whole new strategies would have to be developed to account for enemies coming from all the sides, including top and bottom. Objectives? Dunno now, just had that idea, but it could be to capture some strategic points, located in three dimensions.

What do the official forums think about it?
#21 - Sept. 6, 2010, 1:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't think it would be hard to make a proper underwater battleground that would be fun to do once or twice, but it would be more of a challenge to make such a battleground that would be fun to do on a regular basis, especially if people are restricted by things like slower swim speeds and limited breath. It is of course not my place to say if this is a good idea or not, but I am interested to hear what you have in mind when you think about an underwater battleground... are you thinking about something along the lines of the underwater battle seen in the James Bond film Thunderball?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpntIGdBsnI

Here is a question to everybody: What should an underwater battleground be like in order for it to be fun and something you would like to do multiple times?