have you ever been happy with a change made by blizzard

#1 - Feb. 1, 2012, 10:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
it seems everyone complains about everything nowadays a new buff for dragon soul to decrease damage taken by 5 percent but the buff can be removed and even that isnt good enough.
why?
blood dks are so op atm damn even there complaining
have you ever actually complemented on a change made by blizzard.
Forum Avatar
Community
#9 - Feb. 1, 2012, 12:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
People generally tend to come here to discuss the things they'd like to see changed and feel strongly about. If you're totally happy with something, you rarely go to the trouble of making a thread about it, right? :)

So, while it may appear that "everyone" complains about things, it's really only those that feel that a certain feature would work better if it were implemented differently. This is the kind of feedback we're always on the lookout for, if it's posted constructively of course.
Forum Avatar
Community
#30 - Feb. 1, 2012, 1:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/02/2012 12:52Posted by Fennir
So blues are now "fishing" for these posts that just praise blizz for nothing , you guys are becoming more pathetic with each passing day. Interesting how thousands of topics/posts that tell you what is wrong, how to help fix the game remain unanswered and considering the latest patches are just ignored ...

You may want to re-read my previous post.
Forum Avatar
Community
#53 - Feb. 1, 2012, 3:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/02/2012 13:23Posted by Naeya
Take LFG. Yes, convenient, it's quick, it's good! But at the same time it destroyed server communities and turned the whole experience of going to dungeons from a fun adventure into a mini-game grindfest. Overal? Bad change in my opinion.

The option to manually find people for your group and travel to the dungeon is still there, so you're totally free to continue doing it that way if you wish. But LFD is a very handy and convenient tool for most people, its popularity demonstrates that beyond a doubt.

Having said that, we're very aware of these concerns, and we're working hard on ways to get players out of the cities and back into the world again in Mists.

Take talent trees. They are forcing us to choose. Okay, neat, that's a bit more interesting. Downside? Only 6 points, means levelling will be even more boring. Can't really judge this one yet though.

So currently you get to pick a new talent point every two levels. If, like me, you’ve researched your optimum spec online, gaining a point simply means selecting whichever talent my favoured guide tells me to choose. This could mean, for instance, a very small increase in the effectiveness of one particular skill, which isn’t terrible exciting, and doesn’t always make a huge immediate difference to your game play. With the new talent trees, every time you get to spend a point, it should be on something very significant and useful.

Instantly learning abilities as you level up without a need to visit a trainer. Convenient? Yes. But also completely ruining what little experience you had left of living in an actual world of warcraft. BAD change.

Bearing in mind how quickly it’s possible to level, it’s not always fun to break from questing just to take a trip back to town when you gain access to a new skill. Personally speaking, I tend to wait until I need to return for a few reasons, such as using the Auction House, bank, visiting the profession trainer etc. meaning I will sometimes go for a few levels without picking up that new skill. There are still plenty of things to keep you travelling to the cities and back while levelling, but when it’s convenient for you to do so, not when you ‘should’.
Forum Avatar
Community
#63 - Feb. 1, 2012, 4:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/02/2012 15:43Posted by Tieena
You're basically telling us that we're wrong for not liking these features of WoW, because the numbers are against us. A lot of people use LFG, so that must mean it is fantastic?

No I'm not saying that at all, but it's clear that many people appreciate it. The point you make about a path of least resistance is true, but it's a fine balance. Make something too easy (such as a free gear vendor) and it's no fun, no challenge. LFD keeps the challenge part (the dungeon) but alleviates the often-long-winded group-finding part, allowing people to quest or gather mats, just go about other tasks while a group is found for them. Granted, it's not for everyone, some people enjoy putting a group together personally but, again, we're not forcing anyone to use it.

As I said just now, we've acknowledged people might have issues with some of the changes LFD made to the game. We're hearing it loud and clear, and we're working to address some of these in the expansion.