Authenticator Questions

#1 - Jan. 4, 2012, 6:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello

After my account was recently compromised I decided to opt into the mobile authenticator.

My question is when will it prompt me to call the certain # from my phone? Is it possible to enable a setting that would require authentication if ever a login occurs any place other than my home computer? I have logged in from a couple of different locations and have not been prompted. If at all possible I would like to enable such a feature.

Thanks!
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#3 - Jan. 4, 2012, 6:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Are you referring to another account, Darth? I'm not seeing an authenticator on this one.

And by mobile, do you mean the smartphone app - or the dial-in, which is really something different and not NEARLY as secure as the smartphone app or keyfob.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#5 - Jan. 4, 2012, 6:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/04/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Darthsauron
Oh I do not have an app on my iPhone, I thought I setup something, probably the dial-in one. This is the only account that I have. I will double check and look into the smart phone app as well. Thanks for the quick replies!!

I highly recommend the app over the dial-in. While better than nothing, they really don't work the same and the dial-in just doesn't offer the same degree of protection for your account.