Need Help With RAF

#1 - Dec. 27, 2011, 12:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So I purchased 2 physical copies with the discount under my account and was wondering if I can save these copies and activate them maybe a month before pandarian releases so that I have 300% exp when I level a monk.

The question is did I need to click on the Referrals link and then do an email with the RAF link on my other email for it to work?? Or can I just activate my physical copies whenever I want and still receive the RAF benefit.

PLEASE HELP ME!! :)
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#4 - Dec. 27, 2011, 12:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/26/2011 04:44 PMPosted by Kenzkiss
So I purchased 2 physical copies with the discount under my account and was wondering if I can save these copies and activate them maybe a month before pandarian releases so that I have 300% exp when I level a monk.

I don't see why not, Kenzkiss. As long as they haven't been used you may redeem them at any point.

The question is did I need to click on the Referrals link and then do an email with the RAF link on my other email for it to work?? Or can I just activate my physical copies whenever I want and still receive the RAF benefit.

If you want to take advantage of the Recruit a Friend benefits you'll need to create the RaF link at that time.

The RaF program is used to create a new account, that is linked through the Recruit a Friend system, to the account that sends the invite. Once you have done that you may use the key in the physical copy to upgrade that account to a full version.

I should probably also note that you will only have access to the content that the account is upgraded to. If your intention was for you and a friend to create Pandareans together the new account will need the a standard account plus Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria.

I hope that answers your questions, if not, please let us know.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#5 - Dec. 27, 2011, 12:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/26/2011 04:48 PMPosted by Kenzkiss
Yeah but someone told me that I needed to do the referrals to my other email because it has another special link that blizzard knows to tie the accounts together.

The Recruit a Friend link is between the account you send the invite from and the one that is created from that invite. I'm not sure what special link you are referring to.

12/26/2011 04:48 PMPosted by Kenzkiss
I just bought the physical copy, how do they know that those 2 copies are going to be linked with my main account??

It isn't those physical copies of the game that we track. We track the invitation that you'd send.

Recruit a Friend FAQ
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20588
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#9 - Dec. 27, 2011, 1:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/26/2011 04:59 PMPosted by Kenzkiss
So basically the 2 physical copies i ordered isn't going to be RAF with my main account :(

Er... not automatically no.

When you are ready to use the Recruit a Friend promotion, follow the procedures listed in the following Support Article.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-procedure

Once the person you invite, a friend, family member or yourself, creates the Recruit a Friend trial account you may use the key found in the physical copy of the game to upgrade that RaF trial account.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#12 - Dec. 27, 2011, 1:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/26/2011 05:29 PMPosted by Raiinbowdash
can't you just raf and then grant levels to a lvl 10 monk mr blue?

Technically, it may be possible, if the conditions are met. Also keep in mind that granting qualifications may change as a result of the expansion. So, until we're much closer to the expansion and a definitive answer can be had, I wouldn't count on it with absolute certainty.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#15 - Dec. 27, 2011, 3:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/26/2011 06:09 PMPosted by Raiinbowdash
Okay so we can count on you guys at least letting us know when we can stop saying "soon" for the date of release then?

When a date is available for release, we usually release it. Release dates can be fairly uncertain until everything is finalized.

Because I know alot of people myself who are looking to raf to 80 twice each just to go monk and save 70 levels of pain and dread

Though what you call pain and dread many of us call learning and growing, especially in reference to a new class. To each their own, though there is likely to be much discussion on what promotions may work with the new race/class prior to release. Our Community Managers will likely know more closer to release.

Also remember that grantable levels can only be used while the 90 day Recruit a Friend link is active. Once that link expires any levels that have not yet been granted disappear.