Day long que for Ticket?

#1 - Dec. 20, 2011, 11:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Is this a joke? It says it will take a gm over a day to answer my ticket. I cant get out of deepholm the portals disappeared and all the mpc's are unresponsive doing some kind of magic on the crystal in the middle of the inn, its been going on for 3 days.

I know a warlock can port me out but this is bs
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#11 - Dec. 20, 2011, 11:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Killacali, queue times fluctuate. While we would love nothing more than to respond to each petition in 5 minutes there are factors involved that do not always make that possible. As pointed out we recently had a patch, a fairly large one, and it is the holidays so more people are able to play who would normally be at work or in school. We get to what petitions we can as quickly as we are able to and I am sorry that it is taking longer than you or we would like.

Your issue though, doesn't appear to need Game Master intervention as much as you simply need to figure out where you are in the quest line.

From what I can see you stopped before picking up the quest: Word in Stone. You'll need to pick that up and complete that and the next few quests to the phased event that is taking place.

Therazane is who you need to speak with and for this part of the quest line she should be west of Verlok Stand, just north of Twilight Precipice. I hope that helps.

12/20/2011 03:12 PMPosted by Divinez
I'm sitting on day 3 for my ticket, so yeah.

While it is entirely possible that the queue time is displayed as 3 days, your petition has not been open that long. It looks like it has been 1 day 6 hours and 20 minutes. :) A Game Master will look into your request as soon as possible.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#13 - Dec. 21, 2011, 12:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/20/2011 04:04 PMPosted by Abjuration
You could always join a dungeon group for a dungeon other than the one in Deepholm, die, release your body, then log out while as a ghost, wait for the group to kick you, then log back in and you'll be in the other zone.. or something along those lines.

It shouldn't work like that. When you leave a dungeon you are deposited back where you entered.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#16 - Dec. 21, 2011, 12:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/20/2011 04:09 PMPosted by Pewpewblast
Unless you hearth or teleport while inside the dungeon.

Which you can do without ever entering the dungeon in the first place. :D
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#18 - Dec. 21, 2011, 12:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/20/2011 04:12 PMPosted by Pewpewblast
Vrak, I'd hate to disagree w/ a blue, but in some cases, you can't. One case being where I was on my Priest, exited a finished BG, and I was "locked" in place. I could talk to one vendor nearby, but that was it. If I tried to move or cast, it would say "Can't do that while stunned". I joined a dungeon/BG, but I was stuck there too! D: I left because I couldn't help :( (Nor could I hearth)

That would be more of a bug though, Pewpew, and as you noticed, it didn't work to resolve your issue and required Game Master intervention.

Under normal circumstances, if you are in an area that you cannot otherwise leave because you are phased (like this particular part of the quest line in Deepholm) the only way out without completing the quests to open the portal back up would be to hearth. That will work unless your hearthstone is set in Deepholm.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#22 - Dec. 21, 2011, 1:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/20/2011 05:18 PMPosted by Pursang
Seems like you should add some extra help for the holidays like alot of other places do. i am sure blizz can afford it.

What can be afforded is mostly irrelevant and this has nothing to do with just the holidays. It has to do with the issues that come and go with online games. Like large content patches that often generate a lot of petitions.

Training a Game Master isn't remotely comparable to training temporary holiday help. At least in regard to any place I have ever worked. :)

As the issues/bugs are resolved after a patch release, and new systems are gotten used to, queue times return to normal.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#24 - Dec. 21, 2011, 1:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/20/2011 05:46 PMPosted by Alkayd
if you set your dungeon to normal modes and die in za/zg (and probably the newer ones), when you leave party as a ghost and try to run in it will stop you at the door because of the "this instance is only available in heroic" message. this will spawn you alive right outside the dungeon portal.

Interesting, I'll have to check to see if our QA department is aware of that one. Thanks. :)
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#27 - Dec. 21, 2011, 1:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/20/2011 05:52 PMPosted by Boneclawz
Yes it's not 3 days always, but lets not pretend when there aren't huge patches that the queue is shorted to 20 minutes or anything like that.

I'm sorry, Boneclawz, while your personal experience may be different, I have the benefit of see what the queues are at daily, not just when I submit a petition.

While I remember when they were at 7+ days I also remember when Game Masters were fighting to take the next one because they were well under 5 minutes.

Since Cataclysm queue times have not really returned to that 5 minute mark, at least not for long periods of time, but it does happen.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#29 - Dec. 21, 2011, 2:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I think this thread is done.