RIP original inn music

#0 - Sept. 26, 2007, 4:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I haven't found an inn yet with the original tune. Is there one? I've been to Goldshire, Kharanos, Ironforge, Stormwind etc.

All different. Is this part of the Brewfest or a permanent change? I like the old inn music :(
#27 - Sept. 26, 2007, 8:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I love the new music myself and we actually had David Arkenstone compose the new Inn music for us. I've been a fan of his for awhile and really enjoy the added depth of the music.

I understand people being attached to the old music for nostalgia purposes, but we'd like to hope the new music can find a special place in your heart as well.
#65 - Sept. 26, 2007, 9:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I turned off the music after about a month of playing. Sure its nice to start, makes you wanna pull your hair out after a while.

I had a thread awhile back telling people you may want to turn the music back on.

I'll add on to this a bit for you. First off, we still have a lot of music we want to add to the game. Because of patch size constraints, we have to add it in bits and pieces. We are as anxious as everyone else to share it with you though.

Second off, there is some music you may want to listen for when Brewfest hits. I won't say more, but please feel free to give a listen. Those of you that are on the PTR may be able to get a chance to listen to it.

Lastly, as a part of the voice chat system (for those that turn off music so they can hear people talking) there is a way to set the fade on background sound effects and music so that the volume will adjust down when someone talks. This may help those of you that are like me and enjoy the music keep it on at all times. Our Sound Design team works very hard on it all and of course want you all to enjoy the fruits of their labor, so please give a listen. :)
#67 - Sept. 26, 2007, 9:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Please tell me we're getting polka!

That could be interesting. You know, when I was growing up, no celebration or wedding was complete without a good ole "Roll out the Barrel" or "Pennsylvania Polka" played at the old Fire Hall.
#76 - Sept. 26, 2007, 9:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Will the Horde ever get cool music that isn't drums/grunting?

There is new Inn music waiting to be added for the Horde as well. I can assure you it is not all drums and grunting and has a very powerful feel. For those that made it to the concert at BlizzCon, you got to hear it then. :)
#83 - Sept. 26, 2007, 10:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Did you grow up in 1874?

Nope. ;)