Holy Paladin Build 12759 Discussion

#0 - Aug. 14, 2010, 3 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Holy Changes:

• Divine Favor- Increases your spell casting haste by 20% and spell critical chance by 20% for 20 sec. 3 min cooldown.

• Light of Dawn now consumes all Holy Power to increase healing by 10% per application.

• Blessed Life- All attacks against you have a 50/100% chance to cause you to generate Holy Power. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 seconds.

• Improved Concentration Aura is now a 2 ranks talents, down from 3 ranks. Increases effect of Concentration Aura by 8/15% and reduces Silence and Interrupt effects by 15/30%.

• Enlightened Judgements- Your Judgement instantly heals you for [970 to 1081] / [1940 to 2162].

• Clarity of Purpose now reduces casting time by 0.15/0.35/0.5 sec. (Up from 0.1/0.2/0.3 sec)

• Divine Light now has a 3 sec cast time. Up from 2.5 sec.

• Retribution Changes:

• Improved Judgement is now a Tier 1 talent, down from Tier 2. Now increases the range of your Judgement by 10/20 yards instead of increasing its damage.

• Conviction is gone.

• Rule of Law is now a Tier 2 talent, up from Tier 1.

• Eternal Glory *new* (Tier 2) - Your Word of Glory has a 20/40% chance not to consume Holy Power.

• ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Divine Favor- Great Change! This will make alot of people happy.
      Suggestion: Lower the cooldown by one minute and its duration by five seconds and allow us to cast it on other players similar to 'Power Infusion', 'Divine Favor' and 'Power Infusion' can’t stack.

Denounce- Still not worth getting for PVP or PVE, its nice for soloing, but no one is going to have a specific spec just for soloing as a healer.

Enlightened Judgements- This talent has the same problem as Denounce, not worth getting for PVP or PVE, it could have some small use in PVP, but there are more important talents we can spend points on. It’s not worth it.
      Suggestion: Instead of healing us it should heal the 'Beacon Target', giving us a 'Holy Power' charge every time we Judge. Giving us slightly more control, 'Beacon' is almost always on ourselves in PVP anyway.

Improved Concentration Aura- Shamans now have this buff, we can’t have a superior version of the buff, and its poor design to give shamans and exact clone of this talent. Improved Blessing Wisdom and Might talents were removed, so was Improved Devotion Aura. So why are we the only class forced to buff our buff?

Blessed Life- This talent makes Tower of Radiance redundant, two Holy Power generation talents within the same Tier Line, both doing the same thing, both not having anything unique or fun about them, this talent also has the same problem Spiritual Attunement had back in BC, it encourages us to take damage.
      Suggestion: Turn Blessed Life into a proc since 'Speed of Light' and 'Infusion of Light' are all we get.
      Blessed Life- Healing a friendly target with Healing Hands or Light of Dawn grants them Blessed Life. Blessed Life increases the next Flash of Light, Holy Shock or Word of Glory used on the target by 60% lasts 10seconds.

Aura Mastery- A stupidly overpowered ability in the rare occasions we can use it. A ability that has completely trivialised raid content in Wrath of the Lich King, allows us to completely ignore certain raid mechanics, has already been nerfed because of PVP, only useable in fights with elemental damage useless in others, encourages Holy Paladin stacking, has nothing in common with Divine Favor or Light of Dawn yet are linked to them.
      Suggestion: Radiance- the Paladin sparkles with resplendent light, healing nearby allies for 1% / 2% / 3% of their maximum health every 6 / 4 / 2 sec. And reduces damage taken from all party and raid members by 5% / 10% / 15% for 10seconds. 40 yard range. 2min cooldown. Becomes stronger with more Holy Power.

Divine Plea- I don’t want another expansion where im forced to use my cooldowns with Divine Plea just to reduce its healing penalty. I want to use my Avenging Wrath for burst healing not for regen.
      Suggestion: Remove the healing penalty and increase the cooldown.

Light of Dawn- We need a second Holy Power option but tying it to Light of Dawn i think is the wrong way to go, this spell already has too many limitations, it doesn’t need any more.

I’m also upset with the Tier 1 and 2 Ret changes; i was really looking forward to getting Conviction. Also i hear levelling as a Holy Paladin is even harder in Cataclysm then it was in Wrath, why is our damage being nerfed all the time, i thought one of the goals was to make it easier for us solo.
    #52 - Aug. 14, 2010, 10:06 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    Q u o t e:
    Mastery Testing:

-Doesn't Roll
    -Smaller Absorbs will overwrite the Larger ones.

It should roll. This is just a bug. Ditto with the priest mastery if it is happening.
    #54 - Aug. 14, 2010, 10:08 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    Q u o t e:
    Wait, wait... so what exactly does Enlightened Judgement do now? Does it just heal the caster and nothing else? Or does it still convert spirit to hit rating?

Enlightened Judgements does not affect hit rating, but the Holy passives do that.
    #72 - Aug. 15, 2010, 11:19 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    Q u o t e:
    Blessed Life- This talent makes Tower of Radiance redundant, two Holy Power generation talents within the same Tier Line, both doing the same thing, both not having anything unique or fun about them, this talent also has the same problem Spiritual Attunement had back in BC, it encourages us to take damage.
    Suggestion: Turn Blessed Life into a proc since 'Speed of Light' and 'Infusion of Light' are all we get.
    Blessed Life- Healing a friendly target with Healing Hands or Light of Dawn grants them Blessed Life. Blessed Life increases the next Flash of Light, Holy Shock or Word of Glory used on the target by 60% lasts 10seconds.

The problem with your suggestion is it turns Blessed Life, an optional, situational talent, into a "mandatory" healing talent. Now Holy paladins won't have those extra talent points to spend at their discretion.