PvP guilds = dead?

#1 - June 10, 2011, 12:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I am bored with wow pve and hate the fact that people from different pve guilds I am in are not interested in serious rated bg'ing or world pvp, so yesterday I decided to look for a PvP guild! (you know the importance of being in the good dedicated guild now with all the perks and stuff is concerning me as pvp player too).

My first few tries were concentrated on PvE realms I played for last 4 years - zero! I tried both guild recruitment tool and Trade channel.
So I decided that the natural choice would be to try to look at PvP realms (why would people choose such realm without loving PvP, right?). WRONG!
I created characters on over 10 different PvP realms: guild recruitment tool - zero PvP guilds! on few of those PvP realms I was desperate enough to lvl a DK char up to lvl 60 and go look for the "golden grail" in a big world. Again, zero!
The best response I got was people lol'ing at me in Trade when I started asking about an invite to "lvl15+ PvP guild that does a lot of world pvp, rated bgs and has few arena teams". also most of these realms, including "New Players" one were literally deserted. I almost was able to see tumbleweeds at the main SW square or Hellfire pvp towers.
I understand that somewhere in endless warcraft universe there are few "secret society" pvp guilds that don't invite characters under lvl 85 and few K resi gear so maybe they simply ignored my call but still.. (imo pvp guild activity shouldn't be a prerogative only for top lvls like raiding is)

So my question is: are PvP guilds dead as an idea? If so, why?

and why is this happening to wow pvp - eternal random bg queues, obvious absence of reasonable balance between classes (different classes at different levels), OPed heirlooms (scaring new players away from lower levels bgs), zero world pvp due to flying mounts etc.
#27 - June 10, 2011, 1:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So my question is: are PvP guilds dead as an idea? If so, why?

I don't think PvP guilds are going out of business anytime soon, though Jito probaby touched on some of the philosophical aspects of the need for a pvp guild in terms of small arena team sizes and such.

As a comparison, there are 2-3 "high-end" PvP guilds on my faction/realm, and I have seen quite a few others around (normally these are opponents that we face in RBGs from other realms).

That said, there are probably some differences to the types of PvP guilds you'll run into:

• Some PvP guilds focus on having whole rosters of high arena ranks.
  • Some PvP guilds focus on having 1 (or more) consistent RBG team rosters.
  • Some PvP guilds do a mix of random BGs, random world encounters, arenas and RBGs.

It may take a little (more) searching, or you may have to find some like minded individuals and create something new, together, in order to find exactly what you're looking for, but it's not impossible.

Good luck on your search :)