Flee..flee for your life, coward!

#0 - Dec. 7, 2006, 9:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't know about you guys, but I've seen a growing trend in players that makes me want to rip my eyes out in frustration of how pathetic it is.

Players turning their backs, and RUNNING AWAY from a fight they start to lose. I'm not being biased here when I say the horde have clearly been the worst offenders for this, from my experiance.

Take for example, druids. This is what happens with most druids in WSG. They come up to me, make a rather sad attempt to kill me, then end up running away in travel form (unless they have team mates with them, in which case they run, then come back to get the finishing blow when you're about to die)

Or on my 47 mage in wsg, I met an UD mage level 49, 7 times he ran away when he was on low hp. 7!! I chased him every single time, I almost sympathised him x.x

Or when a warrior/other class charges me when mounted. I dismount, and start to get the upper hand...my opponent will often TURN AND RUN!!!

This is pathetic! It's a bloody game, why the hell are you running? Fight to the bloody death already. You won't REALLY die -.-

I can forgive somone running for a nearby health pick-up, but running accross the entire map to your team mates when losing a battle you started is nothing short of pathetic. Fight to the end, running for your life in game is more than cowardly, and it bores me to tear chasing an undead rogue, an orc warrior, a silly druid or whatever accross the entire field in WSG who thought they could get the upper hand on me.

Does anyone else find it insulting when someone of the opposing faction tries to jump you, then RUNS AWAY when you beat the snot out of them!? Wouldn't they not be losing their dignity by staying their and fighting till the end? Regardless of odds, I've always tried to kill my opponents and don't stop untill I or they is dead. Regardless of how the odds are stacked against me. I'de feel like a huge wimp turning my back and fleeing with my tail between my legs.

Your thoughts plix?
#35 - Dec. 7, 2006, 1:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
...Different classes, different approaches to combat.

I think this is very true. Not everybody are suited to play and win successfully in a way that comply with the rules of Chivalry or Bushido.

If this game was about staying in combat no matter what for death or glory, then some classes clearly have a disadvantage... Some classes are made for a "cowardly" approach to combat, and for those classes running away is some times necessary in order to survive or to gain a victory.