Shamans and New Healing Model?

#0 - Aug. 9, 2010, 7:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey healers,

So I was thinking about this today:

Will Shamans really have to change much in their healing style come Cataclysm. I have a shaman myself and as it stands I pretty much use all my spells accordingly, with the exception of Healing Wave.

As I know it, Shamans will be getting Greater Healing Wave and that's their "big" heal. I was wondering if it'll really change much and how Chain Heal will play into all of this.
#2 - Aug. 10, 2010, 6:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I think it's fair to say that the shaman was probably the closest to the Cataclysm healing style even in Lich King. On the other hand, you are getting some new toys that should change your moment to moment decisions from level 80 upwards.
#6 - Aug. 10, 2010, 7:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Was Shaman healing a big factor in how you wanted other people to heal because of how fluid Shaman healing is?

Yeah that was a big part of it. The other 3 classes (a little less so Holy priests) basically had their favorite spell and used it nearly all the time, with other spells just being filler. Shaman really did feel like they had a choice between HW and LHW and then Chain Heal more situationally.