Healing Shield Drop Rates...Come on Blizzard!

#0 - July 28, 2010, 11:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Battered Hilt is now dropping like flies.

But one ilevel 251 or ilevel 264 shield?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Have been in ICC 25s with 3 Holy Paladins and we all still have the 219 shield from PoS.

I'm standing in Dal, and seeing Shammies with the same issue.

So what gives on this RNG?

The healing mace drops frequently on Rotface, but one freaking shield won't drop?

7 runs -- 7 weeks and not a sight of one shield???

Come on Blizzard, Cata is coming and we'll still be in a 219 shield when it arrives at this rate!
#81 - July 30, 2010, 5:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Battered Hilt is now dropping like flies.

But one ilevel 251 or ilevel 264 shield?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Have been in ICC 25s with 3 Holy Paladins and we all still have the 219 shield from PoS.

I'm standing in Dal, and seeing Shammies with the same issue.

So what gives on this RNG?

The healing mace drops frequently on Rotface, but one freaking shield won't drop?

7 runs -- 7 weeks and not a sight of one shield???

Come on Blizzard, Cata is coming and we'll still be in a 219 shield when it arrives at this rate!

Let me know when my trinkets drop and I'll look into this.
#96 - July 30, 2010, 5:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Let me know when you guys fix the RNG that it actually w-o-r-k-s.

Let me know when you guys add features that makes it worth paying $78 for.

Let me know when a game gets out of the Ice Age and removes corpse runs (I mean really even MUDs are doing away with it).

Let me know when you fix having bags of 22 slot max sizes, and max stacking of mats of 20.

Let me know whenever WoW gets appearance slots so we don't look like beggars in mix matched gear even at 80.

Let me know whenever WoW obtains housing, because we sure don't have the bag space.

Instead of posting what we don't have, how about posting what we can even have IN the game???

...H-e-l-l-o...

I see numbers from 1 all the way to 100 when people do /rand 100 so the RNG is working fine.
Features:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/features.xml
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/burningcrusade/index.xml

If we change the death system I'm sure we'll let everybody know but it isn't part of the plan right now. We have added a lot of graveyards to the game to make it a pretty minor inconvenience but still makes it so dying isn't something you want to do.

I have no idea what you are trying to say with the stack/bag size. It is intentional that you can't carry anything and everything you want and need to make decisions about such things. I know this can put you in a bind at times as you have to get rid of some things, but managing your inventory is part of the game.

I'm sure we'll announce this if it happens. Very few people seem to be in mix matched gear these days though and it's more of a problem of too many people having matching sets, but that wasn't your concern.

We announce a lot of things that happen in the game. I recommend heading over to the Cataclysm forum and checking out the changes that you will get in the game.

And last but not least - Hi! Sleep well last night? :)
#134 - July 30, 2010, 7:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

6-7 months of Ragnaros and I never got Tier 2 pally pants.

But I get to kill him again in Cataclysm!

/gnomecackle

While I did get my Tier 2 pants back in the day, it seems like each expansion there is an item slot that chooses to hate me. For Wrath it's been trinkets for sure, in The Burning Crusade I had issues with token drops like shoulders.