Pally's bubble

#1 - Jan. 15, 2008, 2:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
How foolish of them I know!
#22 - Jan. 16, 2008, 7:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Pally's bubble is the most retarded thing ever. Who ever thought of that idea should be fired!!!!

What a joke! You stand there like a freaking retard while they just heal away.

Immune to everything too..wow ... Blizzard is a retard...I'm a retard also for playing this stupid game.

Tell us the name of the paladin who hurt you. We'll send him a strongly worded letter.
#45 - Jan. 16, 2008, 7:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

It was me, I need to be punished.

Dear Jiijii,

We understand that at times when under attack, you may feel forced to use Divine Shield as a means to protect yourself. What you probably don't realize is that during this twelve seconds, your attacker will be completely unable to act against you, which can result in a feeling of extreme inadequacy. While we cannot force players to refrain from using their abilities, we strongly urge you to think of the emotions of others before activating your class spell and ability mechanics.

Thank you very much your understanding.
#63 - Jan. 16, 2008, 7:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

lolowned.

Eyonix, tell us how the Pally is going now that you're finally here again.

I'll be level 68 tonight, and I'm still in Terrokar. I've leveled almost exclusively in dungeons, which has been a great deal of fun. Plus, the more quests I have left to do at 70, the better. So far, I've tanked every Outland dungeon from Ramparts to Sethekk Halls multiple times.

I'm really enjoying the protection spec and my role as a tank. It's also been fun learning to play the role of the leader, as previously I always sat quietly in background and just focused on healing or dps.
#83 - Jan. 16, 2008, 7:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Whats with the random responses in hard to find places?

Exyonix in NYC, Sept 11th....

"OMG Eyonix the towers are falling!!!"

Eyonix replies "Hey, I know a good place to get ice cream".

Dude, there are thousands of poignant and well thought out posts in this forum, let's try and pay more attention.

Thanks.

I'm now smarter and this should be evident in my future posts. Thank you.
#99 - Jan. 16, 2008, 8:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Once you hit 70, can you please take your paladin into arena or battlegrounds and experience that aspect of the game?

Last but not least, I want you to write us about your experiences of getting 'heroic ready' as a protection paladin that just reached 70 without getting 'item leveled' by your guild or healing for your tanking gear.

Yeah, I'm planning a 2v2 arena with Druid friend of mine. I'll share my "heroic preperation" experience with you all, no problem. Should be fun. ;)
#106 - Jan. 16, 2008, 8:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I suspect we are dealing with 2 entities....

Eyonix the player
Eyonix the Blizz spokesperson

I don't think the Blizzard guy has been posting in this thread, its just a little confusing because the player gets the blue text and we can't critique his armory :-)

What do you want to know that's on my armory. I'll share.
#115 - Jan. 16, 2008, 8:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

He's not a GM. He plays with regular people (for the most part, I'm sure some blizz friends could have rolled on the save server...).

Correct. Except, there are no co-workers on my Horde realm, which is where I'm playing now. Though I do have one real life friend I'm playing with regularly. My mom and two brothers are there as well. Other than that, I don't know anyone except people I meet randomly while playing.
#120 - Jan. 16, 2008, 8:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I feel really sad for you.... depending on what spec u and your partner are probably (holy/feral or boomkin) or the small chance of (ret/feral, boom, resto) you will probably lose....alot. not trying to be an a$$ but still 2s are pretty difficult atm for pallies

Protection Paladin/Restoration Druid
#142 - Jan. 16, 2008, 8:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

If I recall you had made a post saying you were gonna play ret. I could be wrong though.

I plan to experiment with retribution and holy at end-game. It's not my #1 priority mind you, but I have been, and will continue to collect gear for all sets as I'm able. I'm enjoying protection too much right now to play around with another build.
#162 - Jan. 16, 2008, 8:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Hey Eyonix!

I don't have a question about your gear at the level you are at now, but i do have a question about your gear Pre-Outland. I've been thinking about it, i wonder if it is important to try to gear up a bit before getting to outland... or if the gear from the quests are enough to push you along. What did you do? Did you just go for speed when leveling to 58, or did you try to run some old world dungens? I"m a little nervous because both my other characters, (a rogue and a paladin) were geared pretty well before Outlands, so i didn't have much trouble soloing quests. So what did you do?

I didn't worry about gear at all until I was in Outland, which I entered the moment I was level 58. I stayed only long enough to complete the first few quest chains (the ones designed to gear up players in low level gear), and went back to the old world until level 60 (prior to patch 2.3 this would have been a very unwise decision). Using the green items from Outlands to kill mobs in Winterspring, Silithus, and Eastern Plaguelands was nearly laughable, but the experience gained was more than respectable.
#167 - Jan. 16, 2008, 9:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Have you played any role but a tank in dungeons (ie: healer or dps)?

Specifically with my Paladin I assume? Assuming so...

I was retribution until level 40, so I ran Scarlet Monastery a few times as well as a couple other leveling up dungeons as DPS.

Assuming you mean with any class...

My main for over two years was a healing (holy/disc) priest. I also have a 70 balance druid and 70 elemental shaman, which I've used to heal and DPS.
#267 - Jan. 17, 2008, 7:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Because he doesnt really have a pally. And if he were to try and post in a meaningful thread his ignorance would be evident.

It's was very helpful that you posted your thoughts on this twice.