So I have to change my name?

#1 - Sept. 27, 2011, 12:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Blizzard is making me change my name. If u look up my name, you will see 47 other people with my name. why am I being singled out? Why am I the only one that has to change name? [Inappropriate commentary removed]

My name is a nickname of a baseball player [Additional inappropriate commentary also removed] better make the other 47 people change name as well.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#17 - Sept. 27, 2011, 12:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/26/2011 05:22 PMPosted by Thebigunit
If u look up my name, you will see 47 other people with my name.

How many other people may have a name is entirely irrelevant. Our policies are reactive in nature, which means that your name was reported. It went under review and it was deemed inappropriate for our game. If you find another with the a similar or even the same name, you are welcome to report them via an in-game petition as well.

While I understand your claim, that the more obvious reference isn't what you were referring to, but please understand that we must look at all the possible interpretations of a name.

Also, the Armory is a poor investigation tool for possible naming violations. A character can exist within the Armory for a fairly long time and may not reflect any recent changes to it. For example, if a name was reported and found in violation it would be flagged for a rename, if that person had not logged into the character since then, the character would still be listed with that same name. It also could save a copy of the character with the previous name or list a character that has already been deleted.

If you wish to dispute your name change you are welcome to submit a petition, the matter will be reviewed.