GM refused to restore quest reward.

#1 - Oct. 27, 2011, 4:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This is not a QQ, more a concern. The GM was great, and explained things as best he could.

I asked for two cloaks to be restored from quests I had finished a long time ago. One from Hyjal and one from Terrokar forrest. I am chasing those cloaks for transmog.

The GM told me he can clearly see that the quests were completed but he cannot restore any "depreciated" quest rewards because blizz would be introducing a new mechanic to get old items. I saw that the new dungeon-race-challenge would offer up old items for transmog as rewards.. but the worry I have is: How will those items be determined? Is it more RNG?

There are piles and piles of quest rewards out there... I'm not sure they will be able to easily let us go back and pick up the items we passed on. Id rather not have to wait ages for a chance to get an old quest reward back, or even worse leave it up to RNG.

Granted, this is speculation given there isn't much info, but the fact the GM refused (or was unable) to restore for me is a bit troubling.

Any thoughts?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#43 - Oct. 27, 2011, 2:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I am terribly sorry we couldn't do this for you, but this is something that while we could possibly do in the past, in most cases - is no longer possible.

I would keep an eye out, however, on news updates as things are announced. While I have no details yet, they've already stated that at least some items may be available through other means, in-game.