Whats wrong with you Blizzard?

#0 - Feb. 6, 2007, 4:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Please dont mind the spelling errors

OK here we go! So im walking around and I Realise that Blizzard is kinda funky with weight and stuff :)

So to explain what i mean here is a little fictional story.

Jeffery the Tauren is a level 70 500 pound warrior in 700 pound armor with two 50 pound swords.

He is also a miner and has just filled a bag full of 300 pounds worth of minerals.

Not to mention he has an epic 3000 pound Kodo and an epic 2000 pound Wyvern.

He also happens to be doing 15 different quests (4 which have to do with highly toxic poisons) and has 30 different quest items for about 100 pounds.

Not to mention he has 250 pounds of gold 150 of silver and about 5 of copper.

To top that all off one of his quests has a timer with only 3 minutes left and as he is running all 7 of his explosives he uses for PvP are rattling around in his third bag.

And he has about 50 pounds of food along with 150 pounds of assorted potions.

Now thats the end of this little story so...

What i want to know is how can a 500 pound Tauren with 6805 pound of items/money 4 highly toxic poisons and 7 different explosives even walk?!?!

Now this may be the wrong forum for stupid questions but i just want a straight answer without people saying "His bags are magical" or something like that
#20 - Feb. 6, 2007, 4:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We like to try to design game mechanics and systems that you can see and usually grasp most of the concepts right then and there. It's player friendly mechanics and interface that really make up a huge part of why World of Warcraft is the way it is.

The space limitation system (as opposed to a character encumbrance system) makes it easy to see the limitations you face as a character. It's easy to understand how that limitation can be augmented (get rid of stuff or find more storage), and it's easy to design with it in mind. All around we find it's a more user friendly system, despite the fact that you're right, it's completely unrealistic. Suspend some disbelief though and have fun, that's what it's about. :)