Guild name reportable?

#1 - Dec. 17, 2011, 5:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Was wondering if the guild name <GAY IRL> is against the TOS or is reportable. And no this is not a troll, over 1/2 my guild including myself is gay.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#237 - Dec. 18, 2011, 2:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Understand I'm locking this thread because, like the reason the name you are requesting is technically not permitted, calling out a sensitive topic often invites controversy that isn't really appropriate to these forums (or to our game).

There's nothing wrong with taking pride in who you are or what you do. But there's an unfortunate percentage of population that will often take something positive and turn it negative for a multitude of reasons. Whether that's out of a desire to simply be cruel or a method of attracting attention, it's why we don't permit particularly sensitive names in regards to sexual orientation, religion, or politics. All those topics tend to get people's hackles up. Just the same, we respect all views and lifestyles, which is why our Harassment policy strictly forbids any negative bashing of the sort in regards to any of those topics, and many others.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/harassment-policy

I hope that provides you the clarity you're looking for. We want both the forums and players' experiences in game to be as stress free and enjoyable as possible. Restricting references to things that tend to be highly volatile and bring out the combative nature in people is an unfortunately necessary step to that goal.