My friend bots and I am angry

#1 - Dec. 14, 2011, 9:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
i have no clue why my thread was deleted so I am reposting it again hoping for a response.

My IRL friend has been botting, in particular fishing and minor mining etc., for past 2 years. After repeatedly telling him to stop it for 2 months because i do not approve of his actions, I reported him around 1.5 years ago. Hoping that he would get a warning and stop but nothing from blizzard . GM's response is always generic and I know for a fact that he never got any warnings. I report him every now and then but Blizzard continuously ignores the issue.

It is not fun when my friend gets all the fishing achievements while in school or sleeping while i have to spend long time to get them on weekends. It is also not "fun" that he can sell the fish and buy 50k mounts or essences to make BiS gear in DS while I cannot.

He still bots even in 4.3 and destroys the fishing economy. He laughs at the fact that he never gets caught. I gave him a warning that i will report him, he didn't budge.

Now, I want an official response as to If anything will ever happen to people who bot. You ask us to report anyone who bots to help you in this issue but if you are never gonna take action against people who I repeatedly post a ticket about, why should we continue to help you or even bother with this game?

PS: do not call e a bad friend. I gave him a warning before i reported him and he ignored it. If you IRL friend cheats other people or sells drugs, will you not report him to the police after giving him a warning too?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#10 - Dec. 14, 2011, 9:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This thread isn't really attracting constructive conversation, which is why I'm locking it.

Our investigations into botting usually aren't done on an individual case basis, Aahriman. The information is sent to our Hacks team so that they can break these techniques and catch the players on a much larger scale. Doing otherwise is ultimately ineffective for most bots, as these usually come from compromised accounts or gold sellers, not legitimate players.

I understand that you may feel as though nothing was done. But without being the account owner, truthfully, there is no way for you to know for certain. He may have gotten a warning, or a short term action, and chose not to tell you about it. I don't recommend questioning him on the topic either.

If you believe he is still continuing this behavior, please feel free to report him again, either via in-game petition or via e-mail to hacks@blizzard.com. Discussing it on the forums isn't good for you or your friend (or your friendship), nor is it permitted.