A Song for the Trees

#0 - June 28, 2007, 3:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I saw this in a post on the druid forum and thought it deserved its own thread. =)

Lyrics tweaked by Moofire.

There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the Restos want to remove debuffs
And the Devs ignore their pleas

The trouble with the Restos
(And they're quite convinced they're right)
They say the Devs are just too clueless
And they just can't get Druids right
But the Devs can't help their feelings
If they like the Warlocks they made
And they wonder why the Druids
Can't be happy and just learn to play

There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the Druids scream 'Oppression!'
And the Devs just shake their heads

So the Druids formed a union
And demanded equal rights
'The Devs are just too clueless
We will make them tweak us right'
Now there's no more Dev oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the classes are all kept equal
Balance, Resto, Feral and all

Tree of Life should be able to cast decurse, abolish poison, and mark of the wild. Omen of Clarity shouldn't be too much to ask either. It IS in the resto tree.

How long are we going to have to ask before this simple request is granted? If the answer is "forever," it would at least be nice to know our pleas are falling on deaf ears.

P.S. - entangling roots in tree form would be nice. WAT, TREEZ HAV ROOTS??
#4 - June 28, 2007, 4:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I saw this in a post on the druid forum and thought it deserved its own thread. =)

Lyrics tweaked by Moofire.

There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the Restos want to remove debuffs
And the Devs ignore their pleas

The trouble with the Restos
(And they're quite convinced they're right)
They say the Devs are just too clueless
And they just can't get Druids right
But the Devs can't help their feelings
If they like the Warlocks they made
And they wonder why the Druids
Can't be happy and just learn to play

There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the Druids scream 'Oppression!'
And the Devs just shake their heads

So the Druids formed a union
And demanded equal rights
'The Devs are just too clueless
We will make them tweak us right'
Now there's no more Dev oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the classes are all kept equal
Balance, Resto, Feral and all

Tree of Life should be able to cast decurse, abolish poison, and mark of the wild. Omen of Clarity shouldn't be too much to ask either. It IS in the resto tree.

How long are we going to have to ask before this simple request is granted? If the answer is "forever," it would at least be nice to know our pleas are falling on deaf ears.

P.S. - entangling roots in tree form would be nice. WAT, TREEZ HAV ROOTS??

A good Rush song is a terrible thing to waste. ;)

Also, we realize that people want Tree of Life form to have more of those types of spells available. In fact, I've mentioned it before on a thread awhile back. However, there is a lot of debate going on about which ones would be valid additions without being overbalancing or skewing something else. We will let you know what is decided as we move forward, but please don't expect anything immediate. I can't promise you that. All I can do is tell you that we know these are requests people have and are pondering the fate of the trees.
#15 - June 28, 2007, 4:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Yes, because making it useful in any way would be extremely over powered.

Hello. Good Morning. How are you? One moment of non QQ with you please? ;)

Where in anything that I said, did I say we weren't considering additional abilities being opened to Tree of Life form? I'm sorry that we don't move as quickly on these things as you would like us to, but every now and again, I think that maybe, just maybe, by letting you know what is being thought over, that someone will understand that we really are working on these sorts of things and maybe even... appreciate that these things are being looked into. Alas, it is merely my overwhelming belief in the goodness of humanity that gives me optimism when I post. lol

Seriously, I enjoy getting to let people know what I can, when I can. I realize it's hard for some people to take what we say and let it give them even a hint of optimism when people have their hearts set on misery.
#20 - June 28, 2007, 4:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I'm gonna keep /hugging you Neth, cause darn if you don't sound like one's needed :) /hug!

PS: Say my name outloud, really fast. I swear you can't do it without smiling. Prove me wrong! ;)

LOL. I'm in a great mood this morning thanks. ;) No need to worry. I'm just a bit feisty today. I don't mind people questioning and debating. I think it's great and healthy. I just want people to realize that sometimes a spade is just a spade with no special misdirection being employed.