Deathwing died with a whimper (mild spoilers)

#1 - Dec. 12, 2011, 11:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm REAAALY hoping the final DW encounter on heroic has an additional phase to the fight, just so I can imagine in my mind that, somewhere, he got a PROPER sendoff instead of THIS.

As it stands, he slumped forward and we beat on his face while pausing to kill adds before resuming the face-beating. It was like "GIANT BATTLE WITH TONS OF TRASH, with special guest, Deathwing".

Some ideas for DW's last hurrah...

1. Deathwing's decapitated head eats away at the stone we're standing on while we desperately try to kill him before he eats all of it and kills us. Imagine the pounding pulse you'll have as you watch his giant head get closer and closer as you continue to back away, discovering you have nowhere left to go!

2. Just as we've removed his last fingernail, Deathwing's SKELETON, still infused with the power of the old gods, explodes out of him, dripping with flesh and gore. He grabs the two islands on the ends, SLAMS all four of them together, forming one large platform for a final battle.

3. Deathwing PULLS OUR PLATFORM INTO THE ****ing MAELSTROM!!!! HOLY ****!!!! As we swirl around the Maelstrom, we have to battle for all our lives in a desperate attempt to get him to release us before he pulls us into the maelstrom with him!

The actual final phase was extremely anticlimactic. He just kind of...gave up at the end. Hardly a fitting sendoff for such an allegedly powerful villain...
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - Dec. 13, 2011, midnight
Blizzard Post
12/12/2011 03:46 PMPosted by Destian
That way, there's something to look forward to on heroic instead of the difficulty just being higher. Want the REAL ending? Beat it on the REAL difficulty. Simple as that.

In terms of storytelling and content accessibility, there isn't a real difficulty. The way we handled Ragnaros was kind of unique, but he's not the final boss of this expansion.

Your idea is quite contrary to our motivation for implementing multiple difficulties. We want as many people as possible to be able to experience the story, while still preserving many of the more prestigious rewards and achievements for those who complete Heroic difficulty.