Looking for raid should have a 10 man raiding option

#1 - Dec. 12, 2011, 6:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Im not here to bash or hate on the new LFR raiding option I am simply giving my two cents on how a 10 man option would improve it drastically.

Im sure most of us have experienced the plethora of problems with getting loot on 25 man LFR , people needing loot they actually don't need , certain people getting two tier tokens after needing on both and to top it all off that dreaded role bonus. I must admit LFR is great fun and a amazing feature for casuals to get geared through , but it starts to become a waste of time and a hassle when you complete both LFR sections on all your alts and you get no loot , and for the people who have poor computer specs and cant run 25 man raids smoothly i can imagine its a bad experience since 4 months ago i couldn't even run the game properly before i decided to build my own gaming rig.

Adding a 10 man option would improve LFR so much , it would help 10 man guilds do alt raids in there spare time without having to explain tactics to pugs , people could gear their alts properly and have more of a chance and getting tier tokens , it would give casuals a chance to explore a different perspective of raiding instead of just doing 25 man all the time and it would obviously help the people who have lag while doing 25 man.

I would love to hear peoples opinions on this i can already guess most would agree since i have heard people complaining constantly :D . Feel free to share your opinions if you can also copy this post over to the US forums and hopefully we can grab blizzards attention.

p.s It is much easier to get 10 random pugs to do something than getting 25 random pugs to do something .
Forum Avatar
Community
#2 - Dec. 12, 2011, 3:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Having the LFR group size set at 25 allows for a more forgiving experience should errors be made by individual players — after all, we believe Raid Finder groups should be a fun way to experience raid content without feeling too punishing to new or inexperienced raiders.

In regards to the loot issues you mention, such as people winning the same item twice, we're working on a solution for this.