[Suggestion] Expand the LFR loot system to all 5man.

#1 - Dec. 3, 2011, 12:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Especially the 4.3 new 5man instances.

Yes, you want people to get loot, but a lot are being really annoyed with this ninja from dpsers issue.

I wouldn't have bothered making a suggestion about this, or scoutting the forums about a thread like this... but, I have not once, not once, tanked or healed an instance today and didn't get ninja'd by some dps on any of my characters. The previous days I had the same but I didn't have really time to play a lot or to talk with others. Everyone I came across online from f/glist told me that the ninja has gone out of hand. I know the items are crap 378ilvl, but that does not mean we have to put up with this.

But not only for the new 5man, also while leveling, people report that the ninja issue is worse than before. I leveled my rogue lately (9th..) to 85 and well, I never stumbled across any resto druid who wasn't needing on dps leather. And so on and so forth. If he wants to get feral gear, he should wait 20mins as I did for a dps spot, not join as healer and take all the agility leather items. Just one example.

And where is the whole "we are against ninjas" stuff Blizzard? Nowhere. I believe it's time you did something about the 5man content as well, because people spend a lot of time in there and when someone ninja's unlike in raids, there is no "you trusted the Master Looter... or You said the Loot rules at start where these". There are no guarantees. There should be at least a penalty for such behaviour. It's been too many years that this continues.

Simply expand the LFR system please since people obviously can't help themselves. From level 15.

If you agree with this, sign it.

PS1: I have read numerous threads before posting, a lot had the same idea but it didn't go to a clear suggestion.

PS2: To all those who say, I need on items because I want to level my offspec, well people, if you are serious about playing any spec, you should put time and effort to gather gear in that specific role. In order to start tanking heroics or raids any tank or healer especially who are serious bout it, start gathering materials to craft items and so on or have raided previously in that spec in order to e.g. tank the 5man in 4.3.

I don't get your theory about how 5man instances are any different from raiding. And I saw an MVP posting the arguement that he understands that not being allowed to need on tanking gear is leading to lack of tanks/healer but I say it's quite the opposite. People like me who preffer to tank and heal are lead to not queuing at all because of the possibility of losing the item to some dps who will probably never play that role or if they do they will do it very rarely, which does not help with the queue times of dps in the long run.

Anyway, like I said, think about it and sign or don't sign. Just my suggestion on this matter.
Forum Avatar
Community
#17 - Dec. 6, 2011, 2:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Cheers for jumping in on this one Shammoz!

I just wanted to let you all know that we would indeed like to expand this loot system to 5-player dungeons as well. However this is something we are looking into for the future, but we would like to see how the loot system holds up in a raiding environment first. So hopefully we may introduce this to 5 man dungeons soon™ :p