Do YOU feel like Beacon needs removal? Why?

#0 - July 7, 2010, 7:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey healers!

So as you all know, only a small percentage of actual players use the forums. My goal and intent for this thread is to hopefully have someone higher up read (and if we're lucky respond to) our concerns.

First I want to say it'd be really nice if we avoided the words that demand or illustration the notion that we know better or that something "should" be a certain way. We aren't gave developers so the only thing we can do is voice our opinion on something that we " feel" should happen. I believe GC mentioned somewhere that he will respond better to the way we percieve something as opposed to saying It just "should" go away.

Lets not try to make this into a number's thread. Lets just talk about how the player feels about this subject, as I think that it'll get us farther in this subject. Also, any class can post.

Regardless, my question to you is: Do you feel like Beacon should be removed OR overhauled from/to the Holy Paladin tree? If so, why do you feel this way?

Me? I feel like it's not a fun spell. I feel like it causes game issues and I think it's the reason why Paladin's haven't been given other utilities or opportunities to raid heal. I think it's a bit overpowered and braindead. I'd like to see that if it were removed, we'd be in line with other healers in order to achieve the goal for Cataclysm.
#60 - July 8, 2010, 5:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Beacon is a good spell in our opinion.

Most of these arguments seem to be essentially that Beacon is the reason you can't have nice things. But that's a tuning issue, not a fundamental flaw with the spell. What you really seem to be saying is that paladins need more interesting mechanics going on when healing. I totally agree with that, but I don't think killing Beacon needs to be a part of it.
#181 - July 10, 2010, 5:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Would you say that Beacon is a fundamental reason why Paladin's healing wasn't so interesting with very little mechanics to begin with?

Do you feel as though Beacon aligns with the way Cataclysm's playstyle is going to be?

Paladin healing with Beacon is a lot more dynamic than it was without. :)

I think it works fine with the Cataclysm healing style. It will let you (sometimes) heal two targets at once, which is a great use of GCDs.

Q u o t e:
Beacon of Light does need dispel protection, or PvP is going to suck. Same with sacred shield.

Dispels are more expensive in Cataclysm in a few ways. I'm not sure it's going to be very strategic to dispel a spell that can immediately be reapplied.

Q u o t e:
If healing isn't Dire, you would Holy Light.
If the Tank is dipping, you cast a Divine light.
If someone needs healing and you need to heal them fast, be it Tank or DPS. You use Flash of Light

These are obviously still rough numbers and everything is still going to change, but it paints a picture of what Paladin healing is now and what it will be. Beacon is no longer a "Now I can heal TWO tanks!" spell, it's now a "Lifebloom" type a Hot you put on a tank, while your healing other people.

Sounds good to me. :)

Q u o t e:
So going by what you just said, Beacon of Light should be removed.

That analogy doesn't make sense (no offense). Rogues are so dependent on Prep in PvP that they can't even try out other specs. Beacon is a Holy paladin only ability and it not in any way supposed to be an optional talent. We want you to get it, and for 1 talent point I think you probably can given how powerful it is.

Q u o t e:
..Beacon of Light is the most painfully mind numbly boring lazy spell i have seen in a long. It is NOT fun!

Okay, but given that other paladins in this very thread disagree with you, you're going to have to give me something more to go on.

Q u o t e:
But really, what’s the point any more, you won’t read this post, and you will continue to not discusses Holy Paladins, im surprised you took the time to post in this thread.

I tend to skip over QQ threads. Let's not turn this into one.

Q u o t e:
Blizzard have a long long history of having no idea how Paladins work

Oops too late. You guys enjoy your pity party. :)