Am I out of line. Raid Finder Tips

#1 - Nov. 30, 2011, 5:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When preparing to go into RDF I make sure that I have water and food to bring with me (or a combo plate). In between pulls when we have to stop for mana I sit down and eat/drink. I get pretty upset with the group when I am eating and drinking my own food and they stand around and dont eat to heal themselves. I dont feel that outside of combat, unless it is between chain pulls, I should have to waste the time to heal up the entire party and then sit down to eat/drink. Bring your own food it makes the dungeon go faster. (This doesn't apply to mages who are kind enough to provide me with food).
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#17 - Nov. 30, 2011, 5:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I think rather than making this a complaint thread about what people aren't doing, it may be helpful (as the OP started doing) to share some tips for people who maybe haven't ever had a chance to raid before, including what sorts of gear or items they should expect to bring or even the types of buffs they should be ready to apply etc.

What are the types of things anyone should do to be prepared to Raid?
What types of items should they have ready to use in their bags?
Should they bring extra to share or is it every man/woman for themselves?
What are the best sort of buffs, spells, or even abilities that should be "must use"?
Etc.

Let's turn this into a helpful thread to guide people toward being successful in the Raid Finder.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#25 - Nov. 30, 2011, 5:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'll add in a few myself:

For healers, stay on target. It's extremely important that if you're assigned a particular target to heal, that you keep on top of it. It can be tempting to cross-heal (and sometimes it may be necessary) but if everyone stays on top of their healing assignments, everyone should (for the most part) pull through.

For those who can lead, feel free to volunteer to lead the raid. Mark your targets and set your assignments (even if it seems like a straight forward encounter.) You'll be helping people learn how to take on the more difficult encounters in the end.

For those following, don't argue with the raid leader if you can help it. If you're following, sometimes it's best just to follow and see how things go. If you need to question the Raid leader, try to do it discretely. No one likes to be embarrassed or called out.