Dev denial of Horde bias shown to be empty

#1 - Nov. 30, 2011, 3:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
One of the major dev responses to the complaint that the Horde seems to be getting all the good stories seems to be "But Thrall is a neutral character now! When we choose to write all our good stuff about him, it's not really for the Horde!"

Neutral? In the Hour of Twilight, you see him fight. Neutral, with the Horde emblem emblazoned for all to see on his totems? I think not. Not that I ever actually thought of him as other than Horde, but this is a bit blatant.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Nov. 30, 2011, 3:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
One of the major dev responses to the complaint that the Horde seems to be getting all the good stories seems to be "But Thrall is a neutral character now! When we choose to write all our good stuff about him, it's not really for the Horde!"

Neutral? In the Hour of Twilight, you see him fight. Neutral, with the Horde emblem emblazoned for all to see on his totems? I think not. Not that I ever actually thought of him as other than Horde, but this is a bit blatant.

If you re-read the article you'll note that Dave states it is a mistake that we thought of Thrall as "world character", and a hero all players would enjoy fighting alongside. He then goes on to say we're looking to correct that and have plenty of Alliance story progression set for Mists.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#17 - Nov. 30, 2011, 3:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/29/2011 07:29 PMPosted by Korojin
So Thrall's gonna be the new King of Stormwind, right?

SPOILERS