Fall of Deathwing not available yet?

#1 - Nov. 29, 2011, 8:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
My raid finder group just successfully one shotted and cleared the siege of wyrmrest temple raid (had a fantastic raid leader.) Anyways, we are trying to progress to the Fall of Deathwing raid but it is greyed out in the raid finder and it says "this instance is not available yet." Do we have to wait or is my game bugging out perhaps? Thanks.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#44 - Nov. 29, 2011, 11:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The Fall of Deathwing is not open just yet for the Raid Finder or Heroic. We plan to open this encounter up in approximately one week. We felt it was important to let more people get through the fights in normal difficulty, make videos, strat guides, update their mods, etc. before we let everyone take a crack at Deathwing. We’ll keep you informed when this part of the raid opens up for Raid Finder. Keep in mind that it’s required to complete the first half to be able to queue for the second, so don’t hold back!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#91 - Nov. 30, 2011, 4:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Neth's explanation was pretty straight forward..

Why would they let us, que for the end boss and kill him the first week, let alone the first day, of the patch?

If you have the patience and organization to go out the Raid on your own and get through the content for yourselves, then you can do so.

But with the ease of a simple button, and get there instantly with 24 other players who can easily carry you through it.. nah, Blizzard thought this through well and I'm actually glad we can't que for it yet. Otherwise, we'd have a bunch of trolls running around "wooooopie I can haz deathwing kill", though they didn't deserve it.

Really? Because it looks more like there was a bug or a problem and Neth is just sweeping it up for them. Notice when her (lack of) logic was challenged she didn't come back to the thread.

Deathwing was down on Arygos within 3 hours of the servers coming up on Normal, I don't see why LFR was gated but Normal wasn't. How is their answer, "We want you to practice medium difficulty so you can do easy difficulty!" in any way an intelligent statement? There are dozens of guides out for every encounter, including some heroic modes.

Many of the most important mods (which should NOT be in any way even considered when they're making decisions like this btw) were fully updated and up for download while the servers were still offline.

TL:DR, This answer makes no sense, period.

It wasn't the challenge to my "lack of logic" that kept me from returning to the thread. I do go home at the end of the day sometimes. There is no "bug or problem". It's also preferred that Deathwing's Death doesn't come so easily via the Raid Finder. We know people are eager to get in there and see the encounter, we just want to preserve the truly epic nature of the encounter for a little longer before we see people start putting him on "farm". We're not trying to keep anyone back or down or cause undo distress for those who really are looking forward to the encounter. It may be artificial pacing (in relation to the Raid Finder accessibility in particular), but we felt it was worth the extra wait time.

I don't want this thread to become an argument over who has the right to do what or who's more "hardcore" etc. It's simply what it is. You'll get to face Deathwing soon enough or (for those who have taken on Normal already), see him in Heroic soon enough.