Can't use a deposited item to transmog

#1 - Nov. 29, 2011, 7:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Is this right? If i spend my money depositing an item i can't use its model to transmog. my current gear.
Nice patch.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Nov. 29, 2011, 7:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm not sure I understand.

You've put an item into long-term Void Storage and then want to use it to Transmog? No, it must be in your bags. When an item is in Void Storage it's "locked". All enchants, gems, etc. are stripped. You have to "unlock" it, and bring it into your bags if you wish to use the item in any way, including Transmogrification.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#179 - Nov. 30, 2011, 2:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/29/2011 05:35 PMPosted by Foshoiam
I personally thought you were going to be able to transmogrify straight from void storage as that seemed to make the most sense and was implied to me in the posts.

:(

I'm sorry if that was implied anywhere or if that's what people believed to be the case.

Void Storage and the gold cost are there ... well one as a potential gold sink (although not a super great one), but mainly to give weight to the decision of depositing and removing the items you place in Void Storage because once they're deposited they are "in the void". You should be thinking about and considering when to place items into and remove items from Void Storage. We really didn't want it to become just a new bank system, but a separate long-term storage system for specific types of items.

The connection between the two systems was because with Transmogrification we would essentially be asking people to go get and hold on to a bunch of gear just to customize the way they look. To resolve that we nixxed the key ring which freed up some storage space on a character level, and implemented a way for people to then long-term store those items. A deep-freeze, if you will. It was never the intent to use Void Storage as a staging location you could Transmog from.

And again, I realize how it could have been confusing and do apologize if there was any expectation that these systems were intended to work together directly in any way.