Balance Druid Feedback: Talents & Spec

#1 - Nov. 23, 2011, 2:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First and foremost this is not a QQ thread. This is just a way for me to point out some of the good things and some of the bad things about the talent/spec changes from a balance druid PoV.

Let's get the bad out of the way:

Insect Swarm is no longer a DoT. This really doesn't sit well with me as that now brings us down to having only 1 DoT. I'm not sure what this change is supposed to fix. Boomkins always excelled at multi-target fights because we could keep our DoTs up on more than one target. Taking away half our DoTs means that we aren't going to be able to keep up with all the other DoT classes out there. If this sort of change is to work you can't just apply it to one class.

Nature's Grace is down from 15% haste to 1%. Umm... what? As any boomkin with raiding experience knows, Nature's Grace was a big part of maximizing our DPS. The combination of losing Nature's Grace and Insect Swarm is a pretty huge loss.

Moonkin Aura now gives crit instead of haste. This just seems like a change for the sake of changing things, which I believe should be frowned upon. I don't see why this would be implemented at all.

Revive gone? I'm not sure if that's just a typo or something. I don't see a reason to remove our out of combat rez. Not the biggest deal as we have the guild perk rez and a battle rez.

Lunar Shower is now mandatory. I already made a thread on this topic so I won't go into detail. Bottom line is there is a reason nobody specs into it, it is a terrible design and we have made it clear we do not want this.

Some of the good changes:

Starfall's cooldown resets when entering Lunar Eclipse. I like this idea as it will certainly help enhance our ability to AoE in both eclipses. If Hurricane becomes arcane damage it will further help us in this situation.

Symbiosis is our new spell. This genuinely seems like it will be really cool. My hats off to whoever thought of this, I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of fun I can get into with this.

As a note on the talents, I don't feel like there is much selection for balance druids. There is nothing interesting to pick up in tiers 2,3, & 5. Meanwhile tier 4 has 3 talents that I would love to pick up. I'm not saying these talents need to change, but maybe mix up the tiers they are on so that balance druids can pick up more of the interesting ones.

I know it seems as if I'm saying yay to all the buffs and nay to all the nerfs but it's a little more complicated than that. I understand the need for nerfs sometimes, but these nerfs bring a big change to our gameplay. Balance druids are a DoT class, there is no need to change that. Lunar Shower alone changes a lot of peoples play style in a negative way.

There is still plenty of time for things to change, but I just wanted to get some feedback out there from my point of view.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#2 - Nov. 28, 2011, 10:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Grats!

/psst
/whisper http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595347888

Lol!
Mac Tech Support for Baaaaahlizzard Entertainment || Fri-Tue 1:45 pm - 10:45 pm CST
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Rate my Baaaaalue Posts. How's this sheep doing?
Mac Blue will make you JUMP JUMP
TonyM will make you JUMP JUMP
Blue Posts will make you JUMP JUMP
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#7 - Nov. 28, 2011, 10:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Insect Swarm is no longer a DoT. This really doesn't sit well with me as that now brings us down to having only 1 DoT

I just wanted to drop into this thread and let you guys know that we currently plan for Moonkins to have two DoTs: Moonfire and Sunfire will be able to stack (both applied at the same time).

Nature's Grace is still there, it's just now built in to Eclipse. They did however reduce the haste buff from 15% to 1%, which I'm praying is a typo.

Nature's Grace is still 15%, not 1%, that was just a tooltip issue that will be fixed soon. Revive will also be class-wide, not just for Restoration.

However I still believe that Lunar Shower is just going to be a pain in the neck. I can see Blizzards intent considering how both eclipses will be viable to AoE in. That doesn't change the fact that there are times when you do not want to leave eclipse early.

Lunar Shower will be working differently in the future, so it may be too early for those kinds of concerns. I don't have any details to share at the moment though.