Updated info on the upcoming Portuguese server

#1 - Nov. 24, 2011, 4:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Latest info:
A lista de reinos elegíveis para transferência para Aggra (PvE) é:
Grim Batol (PvP) Misery Battlegroup
Frostmane (PvP) Misery Battlegroup
Burning Steppes (PvP) Cruelty Battlegroup
http://eu.battle.net/wow/pt/blog/3389806/Mover_Personagens_para_o_Novo_Reino_Portugu%C3%AAs_Europeu-06_12_2011#blog

- What type of realm will it be?
28/11/2011 16:27Posted by Nakatoir
will be named Aggra and will be a PvE realm

Most ppl are against this.

- Where will this realm be located physically?
It will be Blackout group so it will be Paris

- What Battlegroup will this server be integrated? As in also, will we still have to talk in english in dungeon finder and alike, since we are getting only 1server?
01/12/2011 13:13Posted by Nakatoir
To clarify though, the Portuguese realm will actually be a part of the "Blackout" Battlegroup, not Cyclone. Blackout is a full English Battlegroup, with the exception to the new Portuguese realm that will be placed there :)

- Which servers will be available for free transfers?
We still haven’t given the list of servers that will be able to transfer

- Can it be open to all realms for all Portuguese ppl instead? Many didn't had a clue that there were servers mainly Portuguese when they started.
Blue Reply in the Brazil site:
O sistema de transferência é feito de acordo de reino X para reino Y. Este processo não é feito levando em consideração a nacionalidade ou IP.
[..]

http://eu.battle.net/wow/pt/forum/topic/3056546199#6

- Will there be a free Guild Transfer to the new server aswell?
Most likely yes, Blue says he has no info, but if I'm right like I was in Realm First Achievements Guild transfers will be available also. Just make sure your guild meets the pre-requirements for it
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3162540/New_Guild_Services_Now_Available_-_Updated_-09_11_2011#blog

- How Realm First achievements will work on this server?
01/12/2011 13:13Posted by Nakatoir
if you use the Free Character Migration or a Paid Character Transfer to move a character to the European Portuguese realm, please be aware that the character will not be eligible for any Realm First achievements until 60 days have passed. Once 60 days have passed since the character move, the character will become eligible once again for Realm First achievements. Please do note that if the character has been made from scratch on the new realm, then it will be eligible for Realm First achievements immediately.

- Will we be able to play in this server not needing to change language pack?
You do not need to use the Portuguese language pack to be able to play on this new realm. You will only need a European active World of Warcraft licence.

- If Server gets full right away, will more servers be added? And when?
Right now, only one PvE Portuguese realm is planned to be open. Should we decide to open additional realms (PvP or PvE) we will let you know.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/pt
Forum Avatar
Community
#19 - Nov. 28, 2011, 4:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok everyone, this is going to be a big post here :p

I have some information for you all that should clear up most of your questions;

24/11/2011 04:10Posted by Ordhor
- What type of realm will it be?

- What Battlegroup will this server be integrated? As in also, will we still have to talk in english in dungeon finder and alike, since we are getting only 1server?

- Why only free transfer for specific realms (which ones?) and not all realms for all that have their account marked as Portuguese one?

- Can it be open to all realms for all Portuguese ppl instead? Many didn't had a clue that there were servers mainly Portuguese when they started.

We will be opening a Portuguese realm on the Blackout battlegroup, that will be named Aggra and will be a PvE realm. It will be open for migration and character creation on December 7. More details about this will be communicated to you at a later point.

- Will there be a free Guild Transfer to the new server aswell?

We have no information to share on this topic at the moment, but will have more details communicated to you in the coming days.

- Will we be able to play in this server not needing to change language pack?

You do not need to use the Portuguese language pack to be able to play on this new realm. You will only need a European active World of Warcraft licence.

24/11/2011 04:12Posted by Ordhor
If Server gets full right away, will more servers be added? And when?

Right now, only one PvE Portuguese realm is planned to be open. Should we decide to open additional realms (PvP or PvE) we will let you know.

24/11/2011 04:12Posted by Ordhor
When will the Portuguese Site in Europe be up?

The European site should be launched in the coming days and we will give you more information on this as soon as possible.

- Where will this realm be located physically?

The Portuguese realm will be situated in one of our existing European data centres, and our operations team is always working with the major internet providers in order to ensure the best game experience possible.

Not to worry if some of the questions have not been answered JUST yet, we are still working on getting some more information about this for you and hope that you are pleased with the answers thus far :)
Forum Avatar
Community
#102 - Nov. 29, 2011, 3:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello again everyone, I'm back ^^

Just wanting to give some more information for some of the concerns that you have all been raising recently.

Why PvE? Most portuguese players come from PvP realms. PvP realms are, apart from some exceptions, more populated. Given this two facts, a new portuguese server should be PvP. Hell, I've never played in a PvE realm (apart from the PTR) and I don't know if I can pass the chance to kill night elves (yes, my alliance friends, night elves particularly - don't ask me why).

You need to keep in mind that newcomers are sent to PvE realms preferably, and that they provide a much more friendly experience for newer players. While we understand your concerns, this is important for us and we want to offer newcomers a PvE environment. However, if we need more than one realm due to overpopulation of the first, we will open a second one as PvP allowing Free Character Migration to it as well (including from the first Portuguese PvE realm).

Why on Cyclone? Cyclone is currently a bilingual battlegroup, consisting of english and german realms. Well, for the english part, most of us are used to it, but german has no linguistic similarities with portuguese, the teaching of german isn't a big thing in Portugal, and I can just assume that in Germany, portuguese isn't a language highly sought be german highschool kids.

In order to ensure minimal queue times when using the Dungeon or Raid Finder tools, the Portuguese-language realm will be a part of the same queues as the English-language realms. Those who choose to use these tools should bear in mind that the resulting groups will likely include English-speaking players. Of course, Portuguese-speaking players can still form groups with friends from their own realm if they would prefer to play with Portuguese-speaking teammates only. Also please note that the PVP queues will work in the same way. As such, you will only meet German players during battlegrounds, on the opposite faction.

So I hope that this clears up some of the issues that you had, and I will try to be back with more information soon ^^
Forum Avatar
Community
#212 - Dec. 1, 2011, 1:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello again everyone! Just stopping by for another update on the Portuguese realms, as I have some new information about Realm First achievements and also about an error in our original post! :O

Regarding the error that was made about the new Portuguese realms Battlegroup, we apologize for some confusion in regards to the recent information that we gave being incorrect. To clarify though, the Portuguese realm will actually be a part of the "Blackout" Battlegroup, not Cyclone. Blackout is a full English Battlegroup, with the exception to the new Portuguese realm that will be placed there :)

As for Realm First achievements, if you use the Free Character Migration or a Paid Character Transfer to move a character to the European Portuguese realm, please be aware that the character will not be eligible for any Realm First achievements until 60 days have passed. Once 60 days have passed since the character move, the character will become eligible once again for Realm First achievements. Please do note that if the character has been made from scratch on the new realm, then it will be eligible for Realm First achievements immediately.

That is it for me in this quick little post, hope to have more information to you all as soon as possible!