Bots in PvP

#1 - Nov. 24, 2011, 3:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Well its quite depressing when you see so many bots in battlegrounds, especially in the late hours of the night. Now i know Blizzard does offer is a "report player" option but thats pretty much for spam. I really do think they should have another options for bots. Mainly because people just dont bother to write a support ticket.

So in otherwords what im asking for is to make it easier for us to report bots in battlegrounds please. Just the idea of blizzard adding an option to report bots would probably be enough to scare people from botting.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#8 - Nov. 24, 2011, 12:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While it may not appear to players that action is being taken against botters, we assure you that this matter is and always will be taken very seriously by us. We have many systems in place to detect and deal with botters in PvP but we do also rely on player reports heavily as well though.

24/11/2011 03:39Posted by Dionysis
So in otherwords what im asking for is to make it easier for us to report bots in battlegrounds please. Just the idea of blizzard adding an option to report bots would probably be enough to scare people from botting.

I am happy to tell you that there is already feature in place for this, the "Report AFK" feature that you can find by right clicking on another players portrait in Battlegrounds also serves to report botters to us as well :) We understand that it does not say this exactly, but it can still be used to report botters in your Battlegrounds.
Forum Avatar
Community
#502 - Nov. 21, 2012, 3:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Increased the limit on this thread by popular demand. Thanks for keeping it mainly constructive so far :)