Account Security

#0 - July 7, 2010, 11:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings,

I got this mail with the following content:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an automated notification regarding the recent change(s) made to your Battle.net account.

Your account security info has recently been modified through the Account Management website.

*** If you made this password change, please disregard this notification.

However, if you did NOT make any changes to your account, we recommend you contact Blizzard Billing & Account Services with the following link for assistance keeping your account as secure as possible: http://us.battle.net/login/login.xml.

For more information, click here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions or to contact the Blizzard Billing & Account Services team.

Account security is solely the responsibility of the accountholder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives typically must lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I click on one of the links and login to my Battle.net account. But I got no clue what to do to make my
account safe and above all more secure to prevent it from being sold or traded, and maybe even closed/
terminated!

If any1 can help me, please, I would really appreciate it
Thanks in advance,

Artigan
#4 - July 7, 2010, 11:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi,

That is a fake e-mail, make sure you avoid providing any personal details to such e-mails. If in doubt visit the Account Management page directly yourself.