Motes of FIre NERFED WTF

#0 - May 24, 2007, 3:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Everyone know that going to the elemental platues and killing raging fire elements is a pain cuz A) theres always someone else there farmin too B) they are a bit tougher because of the contious little spell the do that does 4-5 fire blows in a row and there is noooooo way to interupt them and C) the drop rate of these motes are about 15%. Forge Camp: Terror had Vile Fire-Souls there in groups of two just standing still with a mess of mobs around but dropping in from above you can fight the elementals and not aggro the others around with some practice. Thier drop rate is around 30-35% and now that the new patch has come up they nerfed the hell out of it and there are no more there in that spot. Plus the ones that do roam around there walk right through the paths of all the other monsters there and the drop rate sucks now. WTF is going on why is blizzard always screwing with the game to make it harder when they find out that people are finding ways to make it easier????
#3 - May 24, 2007, 3:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
As far as I'm aware the only motes changes were Motes of Shadow, and they were removed from Demon classed mobs. It's possible that the fire was removed from specific mobs as well, but as far as I'm aware they weren't, I'll have to double check that.

Also, once again, the Essence drops do not replace or otherwise change the chance for motes to drop. They're an additional drop, not a chance to replace a mote.