How much do the class designers really know?

#1 - Nov. 10, 2011, 1:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
"The 2T12 bonus for Elemental Shamans was very powerful. Too powerful, in fact, as it was going to lead to Elemental Shamans hanging on to their 2T12 bonus for so long. So, we reduced the impact of the set bonus, and slightly buffed the damage of the Fire Elemental for them, along with several other minor (and major) buffs in 4.3. We're confident that Elemental Shamans will be totally viable in 4.3."

This is all fine and dandy... except the part where he claims that the Fire Elemental was buffed. I don't see that anywhere in the patch notes for 4.3. Did he have a lapse in memory, was this buff made with no change in the patch notes, or did he simply answer it wrong?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - Nov. 10, 2011, 2:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post

This is all fine and dandy... except the part where he claims that the Fire Elemental was buffed. I don't see that anywhere in the patch notes for 4.3. Did he have a lapse in memory, was this buff made with no change in the patch notes, or did he simply answer it wrong?

Coming very soon to the 4.3 patch notes:

• Fire Elemental now benefits from 55% of its master’s spell power, up from 50%.

I'll get that in there as soon as possible.