Are you ready to join the masses?

#1 - Oct. 27, 2011, 11:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Nine Millions, Nine Hundreds Ninety Nine Thousands and Nine Hundred Ninety Nine monks (most probably panda) and counting. Are you the ten-millionth?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#27 - Oct. 27, 2011, 4:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/27/2011 04:57 AMPosted by Puntmeplease
Nine Millions, Nine Hundreds Ninety Nine Thousands and Nine Hundred Ninety Nine monks (most probably panda) and counting. Are you the ten-millionth?

Given that I have one of every class at varying levels, I'm going to say, yes. I'll have one a monk which may or may not be pandaren. I may even have multiples of them like I do my mage and hunter.

What we see each time we release a new expansion is an up-swell in the amount of people playing the "new hotness" then as time goes on, we see that up-swell start to ebb as people make the decision that they like playing "x" better or that it doesn't fit their play style the way they expected. Keep in mind too, the mechanics behind playing a monk are different in that there is no more auto-attack. For some, that may not be an adjustment they want to make or will feel comfortable with.

As always, I highly encourage everyone to play what they most enjoy. It's that simple in a nut shell. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#57 - Oct. 27, 2011, 4:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post

hey! you cant play wow you need to answer my forum posts!@!!@ theres no time for play D:

/cries and goes back to her dark corner with her rocks she bangs together for entertainment

I'm curuous how the dev team is going to make the no-auto-attack melee work. They are going to need to make up that white damage with yellow damage. That means high controllable damage, which has a large propensity for burst damage.

They are also going to have to have mechanisms for keeping up damage during movement (like all melee), or being able to make up for lost damage after a period of movement. If it's keeping up with damage during movement, things will work out well. If it's making up damage after movement, that's just more burst right there.

I have a feeling this class is going to have a lot of burst damage, or a lot of dots

This is definitely worth asking during the Q&A session we will be holding today on the blog.