New Talents better not be final product

#1 - Oct. 24, 2011, 1:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm sort of not liking this feel from the new talent system coming in pandaria, even though its very early.

Now allow me to explain:

You get 6 throughout your leveling process. 6. Not a great feeling of progression. Though no biggie because there will be way more level capped than leveling.

Now, wowhead has a talent calculator for mists of pandaria. I'm very much hoping that isnt the finished product. It seems a little gimpy, dry, and dare i say, homogenized and dull. I ofcourse looked at mage first, and dont see how it seperates one mage from another. Surely there were a couple more suited to pvp and others to pve, but is this supposed to help make characters different? I think they've all become way closer to the same thing.

This approach does not seem like a good path to take, and might be my least favorite part of the expansion when it goes live. I do hope they change it and make it a bit more diverse. But i am one player, a face in the crowd. I want to hear you guys comments on this. In my eyes, its a mistake to implement this talent system, atleast as is. I'm hoping they change it alotttttt or throw it out. Though the latter will probably not happen.

Edit: further down on page 1 and a bit on page 2 i believe i discussed a bit more of what the talent system could be.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Oct. 24, 2011, 2:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
They really need to put out an FAQ on this to clear up the core misunderstanding that it seems an awful lot of people have.

You still pick a spec at level 10. You get spells and passive abilities specific to that spec as you level up (the same as if you had put talent points in to the old tree). The talent trees they're showing are something that exist in addition to that to add further customization to your character, and are intended to be things that are a tough choice at every tier.

We'll be playing cleanup for sure, but thanks for laying it out there so concisely.