DK Tier 13 Thread

#1 - Oct. 13, 2011, 11:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is just a thought but im sure it will get released before then. I'm just curious as to why all the other tier 13 models were datamined from the PTR but they decided to keep DK one out. Are they just still working on it or is there some kind of big announcement planned for DKs? The only thing datamined found on the PTR were the icons for the set which look a little frosty.

what yall think?

EDIT: The new set is gross. It looks exactly like tier 9 except for the shoulders. It doesn't even compare to pasts sets or the other tier 13 sets...
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#24 - Oct. 14, 2011, 5:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
No, as far as I know we don't plan to make it a reveal at BlizzCon, though there's a chance the timing of its release could, by coincidence, be around that time. It's still planned to be revealed in the same manner the rest have been -- via a blog on our front page with the visual retrospective of previous tiers and developer description.

We'd love to post it by next week if we can, but I can't promise that with all the BlizzCon preparations taking place.

(The only reason I'm posting right now is because I've been at work for 13 hours today: twitter.com/talkingcongas/status/124695686452228096)

I'll give you a bit of the lowdown on why the death knight set hasn't come out yet, even in the 4.3 PTR files third-party sites are looking through. As with all sets, a concept art piece was done for death knight tier 13. When that was translated to the actual in-game look, we felt it wasn't up to par with the concept, and ultimately wasn't nearly at the quality level of the other tier 13 sets. But, that death knight set was completed weeks ago.

So, there are times where multiple iterations of how a set will look in the game are made, based on the original concept piece. In this case though, we felt there to be such a gap in quality that we went back to the drawing board and came up with an entirely new piece of concept art, scrapping the original concept and in-game art done for death knights.

Well, I can say the new concept art is done and the set is close to being ready for image captures. I've not seen either, but I've heard very good things. :)

This is just a thought but im sure it will get released before then. I'm just curious as to why all the other tier 13 models were datamined from the PTR but they decided to keep DK one out. Are they just still working on it or is there some kind of big announcement planned for DKs? The only thing datamined found on the PTR were the icons for the set which look a little frosty.

what yall think?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#28 - Oct. 14, 2011, 6:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I know you folks are anxious to see what you'll want to be wearing, but I hope my post helped shine some light on the delay. ;)

Dude. Bed. Now.

lol

Good call. I'm out. <3