Using Aggra's Voice Actress for Tyrande

#1 - Oct. 10, 2011, 11:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Is an absolutely horrible idea, Blizzard. Aggra makes for a passable female Orc (Although that is debatable), because they have rough and harsher voices than many of the Females of other races.

However, the new Tyrande sounds so foreign compared to the other Night Elves. I know that you guys have a tendency for making Faction leaders stand out in various ways, but she sounds almost identical to Aggra in every way. I dont know who the voice actress is, but, I'm sorry, she just isn't that good. She cannot provide nearly any range expressing emotions, and generally sounds monotone in every piece of dialogue given in the game.

Please, just keep the same voice actress as there was in War3 and is being used for her currently. It's much, much better.

Here is a video with her new voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ5Da77pcBY&feature=channel_video_title
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#218 - Oct. 12, 2011, 7:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just to clarify, I've gotten confirmation that the actor being used for Tyrande is the same as was used in WarCraft III (and since). It's also important to note that context for how she sounds is key (or the perception thereof) in relation to the various situations she's in and worth keeping in mind as well.

That said, we are always open to feedback provided that it is kept constructive.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#253 - Oct. 12, 2011, 8:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for all the ongoing feedback. I also wanted to confirm that the actors for Aggra and Tyrande are in fact different.

Again, constructive feedback is always welcome. Harassing or defamatory language toward employees, or each other, isn't constructive.