What is up with Thrall?

#1 - Oct. 12, 2011, 5:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thrall got to be saved by players 4 times. We broke him out of prison, we assisted him in Hyjal, goblin players got to save him in the lost isles from Gallywix, and in 4.2 Thrall got saved from a curse. He was also assisted during the attack on Undercity by players. Is it me or even with the upcoming 4.3 events are we lacking content with Thrall? All the other leaders, especially the Alliance leaders and Lor'themar, have gotten much more attention than him. Please add more content involving Thrall.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Oct. 12, 2011, 5:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
For some reason, I feel like this post is a trap, but in case it's not, may-hap you have not read the 4.3 dungeon previews?

Part 1- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3502665/Patch_43_Dungeons_Preview_Part_One_End_Time-9_19_2011#blog

Part 2- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3502666/Patch_43_Dungeons_Preview_Part_Two_Well_of_Eternity-9_19_2011#blog

Part 3- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3502667/Patch_43_Dungeons_Preview_Part_Three_Hour_of_Twilight-9_19_2011#blog
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#47 - Oct. 12, 2011, 7:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/12/2011 11:46 AMPosted by Kaioon
Was the Ashbringer really obnoxious to the Horde? To me he just sounded like the man leading the charge. Arthas on the other hand we were bumping into left and right. Even one of the developers in an interview mentioned how crazy it was for players to meet Arthas as much as we did through questing.

No.

In fact, he was kicked out of The Knights of the Silver Hand because he refused to persecute orcs like any good-hearted person should. Thrall's "neutral" in mechanics alone. The whole Elemental Bonds you get to hear him whine, moan, and bellow about The Horde (and his hate for The Alliance.)

Tirion never did such a thing, we never had Metzen at the conventions saying "Don't worry, Alliance you're getting your Paladin back!!". Thrall's horde. I spent this whole expansion helping a slimy orc, I even helped him hook up with a grotesque and obnoxious she-orc. Everything I've done has, in its own way, undermined The Alliance's better long-term interests and I feel unclean.

I'm aware of the concern. Keep in mind, Thrall has stepped down as Warchief and leader of the Horde specifically to address a larger global concern.

There's a lot more story to be told and while Thrall has figured prominently this go round, there's no telling what the future will hold beyond this current crisis.

BTW, I totally got the sarcasm (thus the I'm sure it's a trap), but an opportunity to redirect focus to available information isn't something I like to waste. ;) Deathwing isn't just a Horde or Alliance problem. He's Azeroth's problem. Thrall just happened to be the right person to step up and try to make a change in the events. But as people have pointed out, he's needed a little help from his friends, even if they are merely temporary allies. Your efforts in aiding him and his wife don't go to aiding them personally. It goes toward aiding everyone. It doesn't mean you have to invite him (or any Horde) to your parties when this is all over.