Instantly win a BC Beta key every 18 minutes

#0 - Nov. 27, 2006, 8:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
That's right - no catch, no fuss, just join our chat room, enter your details, and every 18 minutes you could win a BC Beta key over the next 5 days. That's 400 keys in total!

The competition starts at 9pm GMT (that's about 10 minutes away) and runs until Saturday 9pm GMT.

To join the chat and take part in this competition, you can either join from your browser by going to http://chat.worldofwar.net/ or use your favourite IRC client such as mIRC, to connect to irc.incgamers.com and join #wow.

Once you're in, type the following command, substituting in your email address, WoW account name, and whether you're a US or EU player.

/msg bc enter <email address> <WoW account name> <US/EU>

This will enter you into the draw, giving you a chance to be picked every 18 minutes. You must be situated in the channel to be picked (but you can be AFK).

Good luck (not that you need it with 400 keys up for grabs!)

That's http://chat.worldofwar.net/ or for IRC users: irc.incgamers.com #wow

Before anyone quotes 'scam' - this is a contest authorized by Blizzard and run by the folks at worldofwar.net as I am sure a Blue will be happy to confirm :)
#34 - Nov. 28, 2006, 9:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This is one of our biggest Fansites, guys :)
And apart from account id, I can't think of another way to make sure that one person doesn't collect 50 keys for themselves ;)
#42 - Nov. 28, 2006, 10:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

they first send the info to blizz, they verify the information, then mail the betakey to the submitted email address.

And you DON'T want to give me redundant work..
#45 - Nov. 28, 2006, 10:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
It looks like Aeus are quite involved in beta keys and fan sites. So you can maybe answer this, how long does it take before you are ready to play BC from that point you have been drawn as a winner?
Just hoped that I might have luck for the first time of my life :O

It depends mostly on when the fansite send us the lists. As fansite winners will know by now, keys are generally sent out on Tuesday evenings.
#144 - Nov. 29, 2006, 4:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Re blue tagging, strange forums oO