Blizzard you've crossed the line, pt2

#1 - Oct. 10, 2011, 9:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Old thread post capped.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3341766682?page=1

From bashiok( i fail at blue text):
TCG Loot card mounts like the Spectral Tiger have been BoE for a long time now (since patch 3.2), and that was and continues to be well-received, and as far as we've been able to tell hasn't had any adverse impact to the game or economy - despite them selling for sometimes astronomical amounts of gold.

It’s potentially worth noting that no new gold is being introduced into the game's economy with those mounts or the new Guardian Cub pet.

Our goal with the Guardian Cub is to provide alternative ways for players who don't want to spend real money to add these pets to their collection. Even though this has been available a while now with the TCG mounts, this is obviously a new kind of way to deliver Pet Store pets, and we're definitely interested to hear your feedback and ultimately see how this will play out.

Funny thing about the ToS, it's interpretation is completely up to Blizzard.

Blizzard says it's okay to do this. So it's not frowned upon by Blizzard.[/quote]

"It's ok as long as we're making the money."

I bet the ones crying are the ones that can't afford the pets to sell off. Just like with the xbox people that moan and cry about more dlc coming out for a game because they can't afford it. I guess they should take away the ah all together to make you people happy. ;)

No, they'd have to take away all the "pay extra" content to make me happy. You got it backwards.

Also, your ignorance is showing. Just because i *can* afford it, doesn't mean i want to. I don't go handing 100$ bills out on the street either.

10/10/2011 01:46 PMPosted by Vook
Buying a pet and putting it on AH is not "gold buying". You can do the exact same thing with TCG loot cards since 3.2, nobody is complaining about that.

Most let it go, because "this would never happen with the pet store!", and atleast the TCG is rare. I'm not a fan of it, but atleast it's a bit harder than just logging onto the blizzard site.

10/10/2011 01:46 PMPosted by Silkysmooth
Precisely how does the presence of this pet increase the demand for in-game gold?

It doesn't increase demand. But it's a conduit to increase supply.

10/10/2011 01:46 PMPosted by Toxarís
There is no advantage here except luxury items that have no bearing on gameplay.

That's exactly what people said when the original pets came out. And hey look, it's getting worse!

Exactly, who is stupid enough to spend a bunch of gold on a stupid pet?

The same people (and more) who pay 25$ for a sparkle pony. So roughly 40000+ (1mil/25$ per pony).
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#153 - Oct. 10, 2011, 10:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Lets keep this discussion in one place. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3341766682