Blizzard, you've crossed the line

#1 - Oct. 10, 2011, 5:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I really don't care about your excuses, this is legal gold buying. I can buy ten pets, sell them each for 200g, and boom I just bought 2000g. This is the exact definition of indirect gold buying. I really hope you rethink this decision, because the reason I left a past MMO to join WoW is because they sold products that gave you an indirect advantage, just like this.

EDIT: Clarification. I'm not angry at this item itself, but angry at what it's leading up to. If Blizzard doesn't see any resistance with this, they'll keep pushing the envelope. There's no reason not to. If we don't draw a line somewhere, they'll keep pushing these kinds of things to the point where items and gold are buy able.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#34 - Oct. 10, 2011, 5:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
TCG Loot card mounts like the Spectral Tiger have been BoE for a long time now (since patch 3.2), and that was and continues to be well-received, and as far as we've been able to tell hasn't had any adverse impact to the game or economy - despite them selling for sometimes astronomical amounts of gold.

It’s potentially worth noting that no new gold is being introduced into the game's economy with those mounts or the new Guardian Cub pet.

Our goal with the Guardian Cub is to provide alternative ways for players who don't want to spend real money to add these pets to their collection. Even though this has been available a while now with the TCG mounts, this is obviously a new kind of way to deliver Pet Store pets, and we're definitely interested to hear your feedback and ultimately see how this will play out.