Rested XP in Expansion?

#0 - Jan. 8, 2007, 5 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have heard a rumor from a guild mate that there will be NO rested experience accrued between 60-70, and that the rested XP gained will be reset so that everyone will not be able to power to 61.5.

Is there any truth to these two rumors? If so could someone link to a blue confirmation?

I can understand resetting the rested XP; however I can't get behind not having the ability to earn rested XP from 60-70. If this is true, what is the rationale behind it?
#14 - Jan. 8, 2007, 6:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If you are already level 60 and have been for awhile, you will not start with rested experience. However, as you begin to level from 60 to 70 (provided you have activated the Burning Crusade expansion) you will begin accumulating rested experience again the same as you normally would. So if you've been used to camping out wherever and whenever, you might want to work to break that habit and start camping out at Inns again.
#19 - Jan. 8, 2007, 6:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Will it continue to accumulate at three blocks of the level-bar per 24 hour period? And how is the leveling curve in the final version? Is 60-70 still expected to take as much /played as 1-60?

The accumulation of rested xp is the same however as far as the time to get from 60-70, that is variable depending on playstyle. Someone that plays a lot is going to level faster than someone that doesn't depending on if they are soloing, grouping, doing dungeons or spending their time PvPing. Different people play differently and there is no way for us to say how long it will really take since it will take different amounts of time for everyone.