Need help on PC setup for ultra performance

#1 - Oct. 5, 2011, 2:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I am looking for seperate high-end devices and planning to put them together myself, but I am not sure what to look for.
My current aims are:
Intel i7 six core extreme CPU
2TB WD caviar black
23 inch or wider LED or LCD monitor preferably samsung but doesnt really matter
Nvedia GeForce Zotac 580 GTX video card, there are many types, I am kind of confused on that
any 3X4 12G Ram I dont know the differences between brands to choose
Mother Board Asus P6X58D
Aswell as keyboards and headsets, but that can wait a bit.

I dont know what computer casing I should buy if I am planning to put it together all by my self, also, does CPU(mostly) contain fans for the computer? If not, what may be a good choice? Price-wise, looking at 2500-4000 mid-high end products. Hope for someone that knows about these to help, many thanks.

Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#36 - Oct. 7, 2011, 11:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Astrox ,

I think your revised build will be fine. The only thing I might do differently is use a pair of 120 gig SSDs in raid 0. I'm partial to OCZ but any of the newer Sandforce controller based model will work well. A pair of 120s is about the same as a single 240 but they'll outperform it when raided. I'd also get at least 1 larger 2 tb drive for general storage. Add a good aftermarket cpu cooler and you're all set.

I use HAF 932 (model before HAF X came out) cases in my pcs at home and really like them. I only wish they had built-in sata hd docks as newer cases are starting to offer, but an external unit works just fine.

I don't want to start any "brand wars" but I think it's generally accepted right now that current Intel cpus outperform current AMD models. This may change soon as AMD is releasing something new to compete at the higher end.

"When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."