I feel so violated....

#1 - Sept. 27, 2011, 8:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I recently got hacked twice within a very short amount of time. They were gold farmers. They sold everything I had and replaced it with ORE and GEMS. AH! I got all my stuff back, but now I think I have a key logger somewhere on my computer *shivers* I feel so used... so taken advantage of...

I'm not looking for support from blizzard, only from the community.

Everytime I log in, I'm afraid I'll see I've been HACKED again!

Is there anyone else out there like me? This is a safe space people, feel free to share your feelings!
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#52 - Sept. 28, 2011, 4:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
O.o Looks like one of our moderators moved this thread here, so welcome.

I'll go through it in a moment and remove some of the more unhelpful posts. Please keep any posts constructive and helpful. While you may feel a lack of sympathy for others, it isn't necessary to share. :)

A year later I switched to the Dial-In authenticator because I'm often playing in lowlight situations. Since it's easier to see the dial-in due to lack of backlight on KeyFOB.

I was somehow hacked again (WITH THE DIAL-IN!) the day my account went inactive. I only know because I had a strange feeling that afternoon and used armory to inspect myself only to see naked toons.

I did want to touch on this. The Dial-In Authenticator is only similar to a physical or mobile Authenticator in name. They do not do the same thing and the Dial-In Authenticator does not provide the same level of protection that the physical or mobile Authenticator does.

The Dial-In Authenticator is for those players who may have their account's locked due to a change in their log-in pattern. It allows them to authorize a play session without needing to reset their password.