Really Blizzard? Poor customer Service, again

#1 - Sept. 21, 2011, 5:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
My raid team did the achievment " Do a Barrel Roll" Tonight. My keyboard stuck, I ran into a fire wall and died. The achievement CLEARLY states: Defeat Alysrazor in the Firelands without any raid member getting hit by the following attacks.
Fiery Tornado, Brush Fire, Lava Spew or Incendiary Cloud . NOWHERE does it state that you have to stay ALIVE or that you can't take Volcanic Fire damage. I died to Volcanic Fire damage. So, therefore acording to what the achievement requirements state, I met the requirements. In fact, we had one other raider take damage from volcanic Fire and he got the achievement. I spoke to a GM tonight who admitted that your Achievement was Mis-leading however stated "But even if its not in there, this is our game if we chose not to say everything required..."

I'm amazed by this. Really? So, I waste 2 hours working on an achievement, and because its YOUR game you chose not to list the TRUE requirements of the achievement and Oh well? That's pretty poor customer service right there.

It's misleading and Unfair to those of us that put effort into this game. I'd like this resolved please. Thanks!

No wonder you have more UNSUBSCRIBED members than Current subscribers...just saying.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#15 - Sept. 23, 2011, 2:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The achievement CLEARLY states: Defeat Alysrazor in the Firelands without any raid member getting hit by the following attacks.
Fiery Tornado, Brush Fire, Lava Spew or Incendiary Cloud . NOWHERE does it state that you have to stay ALIVE or that you can't take Volcanic Fire damage. I died to Volcanic Fire damage. So, therefore acording to what the achievement requirements state, I met the requirements.

Unfortunately, Enileca, there are a number of achievements where one of the unwritten conditions is to be alive in order to qualify for it. I'm sorry, but that is what would have happened in this case.

09/20/2011 10:31 PMPosted by Enileca
I spoke to a GM tonight who admitted that your Achievement was Mis-leading however stated "But even if its not in there, this is our game if we chose not to say everything required..."

Yes, but in context, and not just that snippet of conversation. While also considering the number of petitions submitted and specifically the lengthy and very circular conversations with you, that statement makes sense. The Game Master and his supervisor spoke to you at length and with much apology stated that they would be unable to grant the achievement. You continued to argue, and demand a resolution that our In-Game Support staff was unable to provide.

There are a great many aspects of the game that we do not explain in detail and sometimes not at all. That is our prerogative and the nature of many video games. Some things you simply must figure out for yourself.

There is little to be gained by continuing this discussion so I'll be locking it. As with all in-game interaction, if you wish to provide feedback the appropriate point of contact would be to write to wowgmfeedback-us@blizzard.com.