This door bothers me

#0 - June 14, 2010, 9:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Seing some screens for the new cataclysm is fun - and creates some excitement.
However - one picture bothers me - Maybe I just lack the perseption of how doors work - but didn't the designers put the vault-door in backwards in the Stormwind bank?

This is the picture: http://www.worldofraids.com/gallery/image/653-stormwind-bank/

meh - vault doors are probably meant to slide in?
Just needed to get this off my chest - so ignore the post - I feel better now :D
#2 - June 14, 2010, 9:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever seen a bank vault door open inwards. Granted, I've only ever seen them in movies and on the television, but they always open outwards from what I've seen.

My non-scientific brain tells me it would be easier to blow up a vault door if it were to open inwards...

Mondays. Don't you just love them.
#5 - June 14, 2010, 10:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Has no one else noticed that the locking mechanism would be on the inside of the door?

It looks as though the larger outside of the door should be facing the wall, not into the room.
Now that's the observation I was hoping no one would make. =)
#7 - June 14, 2010, 10:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
/Trade me 10000g and this will all go away :)
I left it in the Stormwind bank. To access the stash, all you have to do is close the door and my hidden riches will be yours.
#9 - June 14, 2010, 10:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Including all your shinies? oO
I will never relinquish those. The Great Ones keep those elsewhere.
#14 - June 14, 2010, 11:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It's a vault within a bank. If I recall correctly you're looking at it from just beside the door that leads out to the streets of Stormwind.

I'll check, though.
#21 - June 14, 2010, 3:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
It's a vault within a bank. If I recall correctly you're looking at it from just beside the door that leads out to the streets of Stormwind.

I'll check, though.
The screenshot is indeed taken from the doorway to the bank that leads to the streets of Stormwind. Just for clarity for those interested in this very pressing issue! =)
#27 - June 24, 2010, 8:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Well, here's an update on this crucial situation guys and girls. The door is here to stay. You're free to blame the Gnomes. I know I do. THE GNOMES!
#38 - June 24, 2010, 9:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You see, i think this was all part of your plans so you can have some secure place to hide all the eyebrows you steal!

Yes thats right ... dont think i forgot! Im on to you .. reptile ... thing ... small ... well you get the idea.

:)
}:-)
#46 - June 24, 2010, 1:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Doors are great mysteries. Are they there to keep something out, or to keep something in...?
It would depend on the location of the door, and what's on each side, I guess... *hmph* MLIA