How do I part with my main?

#0 - June 13, 2010, 4:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey all,

Quick lil' question, maybe someone has done this before?
As you can see I play a Warlock, and have become a bit bored lately, I've not done all hardmodes or killed the Lich King, but I don't really have to. I tend to enjoy things like getting some decent gear (as I have now, not incredibly imba, but it works) or collecting mounts.

Problem being I get kinda tired of my Warlock, and after reading the upcoming Cataclysm changes, the druid changes seem way more fun compared to Warlock ones.

I also have a level 80 druid, his gear isn't great, some basic tier9 pieces and random heroic epics. But I'd like him to become my main, as I enjoy the druid far more.

Now is the problem D; How do I part with my warlock? I've got around 7k achievement points on him, around 70 mounts and 80 companion pets, and I really enjoy collecting these, aswell as various rep grinds. I really enjoy doing achievements. I'd like to play my druid, but I really don't want to lose all those mounts, reps, feats of strength, and such. I know they'll still be there, but still.. I'm really not interested in doing all those things twice. Anyone done this before?

TL;DR: How do I switch mains? D:
#15 - June 14, 2010, 8:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Now is the problem D; How do I part with my warlock? I've got around 7k achievement points on him, around 70 mounts and 80 companion pets, and I really enjoy collecting these, aswell as various rep grinds. I really enjoy doing achievements. I'd like to play my druid, but I really don't want to lose all those mounts, reps, feats of strength, and such. I know they'll still be there, but still.. I'm really not interested in doing all those things twice. Anyone done this before?
I've switched over from my main character recently. I shelved my main of 3 years with over 100 companions and somewhere around 80 mounts, lots of achievements, rep, titles and great memories and dusted off an old relic character. If you find playing the druid fun, and are tired of your warlock, it should be a fairly easy transition. Good luck!