Can someone be banned for using the "F" word?

#1 - Sept. 16, 2011, 5:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
someone called me a Rag today in trade chat (in a very offensive way). I reported him with the 'report' function, but it came up with a "report player for spamming?" which isn't really what he was doing.

I know people might say to grow a thick skin, but it was the way in which he addressed me also (i'm not going to repeat the whole thing here), it bordered on hate and i didn't even know the guy. I pressed shift-click on his name to see what guild he's in, and it was some level 67 shaman i'd never seen or heard of before in game.

now i'm just wondering what you're meant to do when another player says something in such an offensive way, i know there's an ignore function, but it feels like they can just get away with it, and i'm the one who has to change.

Does anyone know what else you're supposed to do? I've never had someone talk to me like that in real life, in which case i'd do something a bit more pro-active about it ...
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#94 - Sept. 16, 2011, 9:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/16/2011 11:40 AMPosted by Klellie
i agree, is there a way to stop people from posting on it now?

Yep. Locking. I'll expand this post in a few once I finish sweeping it.

Eilethalua has covered just about every aspect of this that I possibly could have. To reiterate:

• -If you violate our in-game terms or our Forum Code of Conduct, we will take appropriate action.
  • -Our staff is unable to inform players of the actions taken on those they report (or anyone else's account). As a result, you may never personally see what action has been taken.
  • -Please report harassment via in-game petition, and reserve the right-click, Report Player option for reporting spam or gold advertisements.
  • -If someone you placed on ignore contacts you via other means, DO NOT RESPOND and please continue to report these situations as well as place the new character(s) on ignore. This is extremely important when reporting cases of Ongoing Harassment.

Little more constructive conversation could occur in this thread, so I'll be leaving it locked.