Illegal arena carries on Tichondrius.

#1 - Sept. 15, 2011, 12:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Recently on Tichondrius the spam from individuals in a high rbg/arena rated guild is getting worse than gold spam.

Every night its the same thing from them, the problem is...they're doing illegal activitys behind the scenes. They sell gladiator rating, 2200, 2400, and so on. The problem is they tell you to contact them via skype.

I did my own investigation, it turns out they charge you real life currency (USD), and have one of their desginated and experienced players of your class login to your account and play for you. I'm sure this kind of " carrying " is illegal. And it's being spammed in trade chat every day on Tichondrius. (While there is no in game proof, its quite obvious if you look at the IP's of individuals who contact them, they keep all their conversations on skype to avoid any suspension.)

How is this still going on? The spam in trade is worse than even gold spammers, and these guys are posting these advertisements on there mains. I know Blizzard can trace IP's and see if there's some un usual activity but...they've been doing business on Tichondrius since late Season 9.

At this point, I just thought I'd get some opinions of the community, and have a nice calm constructive conversation regarding these R1/Multi Glad players violating the ToS and getting away with it.
#1 - Sept. 15, 2011, 12:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Recently on Tichondrius the spam from individuals in a high rbg/arena rated guild is getting worse than gold spam.

Every night its the same thing from them, the problem is...they're doing illegal activitys behind the scenes. They sell gladiator rating, 2200, 2400, and so on. The problem is they tell you to contact them via skype.

I did my own investigation, it turns out they charge you real life currency (USD), and have one of their desginated and experienced players of your class login to your account and play for you. I'm sure this kind of " carrying " is illegal. And it's being spammed in trade chat every day on Tichondrius. (While there is no in game proof, its quite obvious if you look at the IP's of individuals who contact them, they keep all their conversations on skype to avoid any suspension.)

How is this still going on? The spam in trade is worse than even gold spammers, and these guys are posting these advertisements on there mains. I know Blizzard can trace IP's and see if there's some un usual activity but...they've been doing business on Tichondrius since late Season 9.

At this point, I just thought I'd get some opinions of the community, and have a nice calm constructive conversation regarding these R1/Multi Glad players violating the ToS and getting away with it.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#45 - Sept. 15, 2011, 9:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Heya Nizzlez,

Even though these transactions are considered unsupported, and we may not able to assist if players do not follow through with their agreements, "carrying someone" is not against the rules. However, you are more than welcome to report any players that you feel may be involved in suspicious activities, such as win trading or exploiting of some sort for investigation.

You can also use the following form to report such websites that has been removed from another post in this thread here:
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&tag=hacksform&rhtml=true

09/15/2011 06:42 AMPosted by Oengus
Until enough players quit WoW, all the botting, arena trading, gold selling spam, etc etc, will continue. Until it becomes a moneytothebottomline concern, Bliz/Activision doesn't care. This isn't a knock against Bliz/Activision, this is the truth regarding companies traded publically.
Oengus, unfortunately you are incorrect, we care and if you PvP regularly you would see that, my apologies.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#45 - Sept. 15, 2011, 9:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Heya Nizzlez,

Edited for clarification: "Carrying someone" itself, is not against our current policies. Such transactions are entirely unsupported though so we may not be able to assist if someone does not uphold their end of the agreement.

Exchanging in-game "services" for real world currency remains against our Terms of Use, as does exploitation, win-trading, etc. . . . Please report any players that you feel may be involved in suspicious activities for investigation.

You can also use the following form to report such websites that has been removed from another post in this thread here:
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&tag=hacksform&rhtml=true

Until enough players quit WoW, all the botting, arena trading, gold selling spam, etc etc, will continue. Until it becomes a moneytothebottomline concern, Bliz/Activision doesn't care. This isn't a knock against Bliz/Activision, this is the truth regarding companies traded publically.
Oengus, I'd have to disagree. Botting, arena trading, and gold sell spam as well as other forms of exploitation will continue to exist as long as people are willing to cheat.

What we do, which is the truth of this company, is take what steps as can to address those issues, both internally and externally. It is a constant battle though, as we implement methods of detection and prevent for some forms of exploitation, there are those who are working to get around those new restrictions.

Please continue to use the methods of reporting available to help combat this behavior. If you see gold sell/power leveling spam, right click on their name in chat and select Report Player/Report Spam.

If you find someone in a Battleground that is not participating or you believe is using automation to keep from going afk, use the /afk report feature.

These systems are social in nature so encouraging others to do the same will go a long way to stopping the behavior.

Other forms of exploitation can be reported via an in-game petition. Simply because something exists doesn't mean that it is condoned or that we don't care about it.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#67 - Sept. 15, 2011, 10:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Did you just say that paying real money for something in-game and account-sharing are activities that you'd allow? Really? I think you need to read the OP closer, Zen, or this is a massive reversal of Blizzard policy I was not aware of.

No, I apologize if I was not clear in my original post. I have edited it to avoid confusion.

all the botting, arena trading, gold selling spam, etc etc, will continue.
▲▲ Second clarification: I was referring to this, and not to changes that development has made to the game regarding classes, and PvP in itself.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#67 - Sept. 15, 2011, 10:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Did you just say that paying real money for something in-game and account-sharing are activities that you'd allow? Really? I think you need to read the OP closer, Zen, or this is a massive reversal of Blizzard policy I was not aware of.

No, I apologize if I was not clear in my original post. I have edited it to avoid confusion.

all the botting, arena trading, gold selling spam, etc etc, will continue.
▲▲ Second clarification: I was referring to this, and not to changes that development has made to the game regarding classes, and PvP in itself.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#81 - Sept. 16, 2011, 12:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/15/2011 05:16 PMPosted by Nizzlez
As for someone paying 250.00$ USD and then having someone login to there account to play for them to get to some high ridiculously rating...now that's a big violation of the ToU.

Understood and was clarified here:

09/15/2011 02:49 PMPosted by Zenlyth
Exchanging in-game "services" for real world currency remains against our Terms of Use, as does exploitation, win-trading, etc. . . .

09/15/2011 05:16 PMPosted by Nizzlez
I'm not asking for suggestions on " how to report them!? ". I'm very familiar with the ticketing system.

Nizzlez, please continue to report the players that you feel are involved in this type of activity, for further investigation via our ticket system. I understand that you are very familiar with doing so, but reporting this is needed and appreciated, to help counter this issue.

Unfortunately, I will be locking this thread now, thank you. -Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ